Display additional text box if "Other" is selected from a combo box (1 Viewer)

Scott488

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:27
Hi,

I think maybe the thread title will explain most of what I want to do.

When the text "OTHER" is selected from a combo box I would like an additional text box to appear which can be used.

If any other selection is made from the combo box, I would like the additional text box to remain hidden.

Scott488

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your response pbaldy, it took me some time but I finally worked out where to put this code and how to make the text box invisible to start with (I had to change the properties)

I have a command button which adds the record to a table and then clears down the form ready for the next entry, but when I use this, the new text box which was made visible still shows along with whatever was entered into it.

Could you point me in the right direction of resolving this please?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:27
If the form is unbound you'd have to clear that textbox when you clear the others. If it's bound and your button just goes to a new record, it sounds like that textbox is unbound, in which case you'd have to clear it yourself. If you had the code in the current event as suggested (and the form is bound) it should get hidden.

Scott488

Registered User.
Local time
Paul, thanks for bearing with me. I'm still new to Access.

By bound, do you mean that the text box appears in the table which the form populates? If this is correct, then it is bound.

I have managed to get it to clear the text when it goes to a new record but the text box is still visible (but now empty)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A form being bound means it has a table or query in its record source property. A textbox being bound means it has a field name from that table or query in its control source property.

If the form and textbox are bound, going to a new record should have cleared it. What is the code behind your button? Also, did you add the code from my link to the current event of the form?

Scott488

Registered User.
Local time
Paul,

Its ok, I worked out what I needed to do.

:)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad you got it sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom