does anybody like apple? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:07
@Isaac (no laughing from the peanut gallery upon reading)

So, I FINALLY threw away an old tube TV that was in the guest room which was only used when I went upstairs to clean. Took t*two men and a boy* to get that thing downstairs and out the house. Carried the flat screen upstairs myself, plugged in the Roku and my guests (yep, they helped get the old one out) welcomed me to the 21st Century! :LOL:

I then got a smart TV for downstairs, my first one. Okay, nice having everything built-in but a thought occurred to me. Isn't this like the all-in-printer? One thing breaks and I can't just unplug that stick and move it to another TV? If one thing breaks I have to wait to get it repaired or just go by another all-in-device? I feel like I have to buy a back-up TV just in case. Okay, maybe overthinking this but really? So now added to my *shopping list* is a back-up TV. Just trying to figure out where does one store a back-up TV? :unsure:
Ahh, yes that's great! Hilarious. Yes, maybe the all in one nature of it makes it too indispensable! I'm pretty close to you on TVs in general.
I mean, compared to what you see in the avg home nowadays.

So...I was totally happy going from tube to flatscreen. I got that, it seemed nice. But the whole "having a TV in every room in the house - maybe two", and making them as huge as the living room wall, I just don't get that. I'm as lazy as the next guy, but I don't need a TV anywhere but the living room! And it's 37" - the ONLY TV that our family has had for 10 years. Viore, a brand nobody's ever heard of either, but it was a Walmart Special. :ROFLMAO:

Glad you got your tube TV to bulk pickup! :)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:07
Apple has just so happened to create something just for them - if so, great. If not, they're kinda ... screwed.
My wife and I were at the counter in an airport. One of the attendants needed to use a phone and did not have hers handy. The young lady who was helping us handed her android device to her and went back to helping us.

I watched this poor child vapor lock and just as I was getting ready to ask her if she needed help, she wailed "This is not an I-phone!"

The owner of the phone said "Well excuse me..." and took her phone back just before the poor thing ran off to find her phone...you just cant BUY this level of entertainment.

It's like when I change the Input setting to my Father-In-Law's remote....

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:07
That was pretty funny..

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 04:07
the struggle is real!
there was a lady that stopped by all the time to say hi to me when I lived in my home 2 homes ago. she would always say "the struggle is real". she was from africa but adopted an american name like most of them do.

i never knew what that phrase meant.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
LOL! Yeah, the availability of my phone in my hand with my google speech-search-widget is probably enough information at my fingertips for me.
Plus, to make those devices really worth it, don't you have to have the 'infrastructure'? For example, I have no smart light bulbs, no surround sound installed in-home, no smart locks or windows, no cameras, neither my garage door nor my climate control is not 'smart', etc. So for me the only benefit would probably be talking to it, to search for information, but gee, the phone is enough for me. Just getting my first car with bluetooth a few years ago got me pretty excited! Maybe I'm a lot more like my parents than I think...
Yep, and all of a sudden you've spent a fortune just to turn off you lights! Really? The switch is right there as you walk out (or in) the room!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Glad you got your tube TV to bulk pickup! :)
I did NOT say anything about bulk pick-up cause the &^%# thing is sitting out back in the corner of the patio. It had to wait for trash day and all guests gone by then, I am not moving it. Waiting for more guests on trash day hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom