Dr's vs Insurance Companies.

Who's the bad guys, Dr's or Insurance Companies

• Total voters
ColinEssex said:

Ahh, come on Col..that's all I get...*Gasp* I had at least hoped for a THWACK at least. ;)

selenau837 said:
So, you can’t convince me the Democratic party doesn’t prefer to keep their supporters down.
Being an idealist, I prefer to see the good side of things until proven wrong. I realize I could be completely naive in this particular point of view, however...

I would be very suprised if the Democratic party intentionally represses people by keeping them poor and ignorant. For that strategy to make sense, it would mean that any financially stable and educated person would vote Republican by default, which is clearly not the case. Also, I would think it a much better strategy to cultivate educated people able to support their families who are grateful to the Democratic party for helping them get to that point.

In my opinion, the situation you described is due to the person making decisions being completely disconnected from the real world of how things work (as is the case in many, many organizations), so that person decides that people in greatest need of the program fit such and such description and they draw an arbitrary cutoff line to fit the budget. I don't think it is a decision made with malicious design.

I would also put your theory to the test by looking at other factors. For example, the elderly are the biggest recipients of government money (welfare, food stamps, social security, medicare, etc.). If your theory is correct, the Democratic party's best interest would be to maintain the status quo and the Republican party's would be reform. Yet, the opposite occurs; the Dems call for Medicare and social security reform and the Reps don't dare touch the programs.

Kraj said:
Being an idealist, I prefer to see the good side of things until proven wrong. I realize I could be completely naive in this particular point of view, however...

I would be very suprised if the Democratic party intentionally represses people by keeping them poor and ignorant. For that strategy to make sense, it would mean that any financially stable and educated person would vote Republican by default, which is clearly not the case. Also, I would think it a much better strategy to cultivate educated people able to support their families who are grateful to the Democratic party for helping them get to that point.

In my opinion, the situation you described is due to the person making decisions being completely disconnected from the real world of how things work (as is the case in many, many organizations), so that person decides that people in greatest need of the program fit such and such description and they draw an arbitrary cutoff line to fit the budget. I don't think it is a decision made with malicious design.

I would also put your theory to the test by looking at other factors. For example, the elderly are the biggest recipients of government money (welfare, food stamps, social security, medicare, etc.). If your theory is correct, the Democratic party's best interest would be to maintain the status quo and the Republican party's would be reform. Yet, the opposite occurs; the Dems call for Medicare and social security reform and the Reps don't dare touch the programs.

Yes due to my past history, I am VERY Jaded agianst the Dem party. So, in this case I guess I am using emotions to drive my party alligence than my head. Thank goodness most women don't do that. However I am proud of the fact I can think with my heart, I feel it makes me a more compassionient person than those who don't. According to my Myers Briggs, I am an INFP...if curious look it up. :p

This is a warning..my claws are out if you start bashing me because I tend to be lead with emotions and feelings than with my head. *MEOW...Grrr* :p

"Hades has no fury like a woman scorned, and heaven help anyone that scorns a red headed woman." :mad: :eek: :D

alastair69 said:
Are you a red head Selena?

Yup!! How did you guess??

Psstt...my pic is in my profile....it should show it I think....:D It's not carrot red though..

You are fighting a useless battle Kraj,

The real problem in the American ethos is innumeracy, not illiteracy.

So many are brain washed by the republicans to believe that the money wasted on welfare for the poor, is ruining our life style. All the while thousand of times that amount are spent in places like Iraq where it doesn’t recharge the national economic battery.

People see all government spending as bad, which is actually counter to some theories of economics that have been proven to be sound. So when the republicans convince single struggling moms that the local drug dealers are getting all the benefits of our society the local single mom goes out and votes in the guy who will authorize 500,000,000,000 dollars to democratize Iraq. And after words get on the TV and brag about cutting funding for education, so those nary-do-wells won’t get a free ride to the middle class.

Innumeracy is a national epidemic, and the Republicans, after getting in office with their moral fiber, are exploiting it to the very end of Middle America.

But hey it won’t happen to me because I’m an educated database developer.

selenau837 said:
Yes due to my past history, I am VERY Jaded agianst the Dem party. So, in this case I guess I am using emotions to drive my party alligence than my head.
I'm pretty sure that's what most people do. I am curious, though, as to why you hold the Democratic party exclusively responsible for how your personal situation turned out. Surely you don't think the Republicans have no input into how the welfare programs function?

selenau837 said:
However I am proud of the fact I can think with my heart, I feel it makes me a more compassionient person than those who don't. According to my Myers Briggs, I am an INFP...if curious look it up.
I'm INFJ. Us INFs gotta stick together. :cool:

selenau837 said:
This is a warning..my claws are out if you start bashing me because I tend to be lead with emotions and feelings than with my head.
I hope you didn't take my comments as bashing! I'm not saying you're wrong, but I do disagree and I'm interested in discussing it further. :)

selenau837 said:
"Hades has no fury like a woman scorned, and heaven help anyone that scorns a red headed woman."
I dunno. I wouldn't blame my last girlfriend if she felt pretty scorned, but she seemed to get over it. ;) :p (Yes, her hair was quite red.)

jsanders said:
You are fighting a useless battle Kraj
Oh, don't worry about me. I'm not actually fighting a battle, I'm just bitching about it. :D

Last edited:
jsanders said:
So when the republicans convince single struggling moms that the local drug dealers are getting all the benefits of our society the local single mom goes out and votes in the guy who will authorize 500,000,000,000 dollars to democratize Iraq.

There was no convincing. I have personal experience. Hell, even people who cross the boarders, have no SSN get welfare, WIC, Medicaid and food stamps.

Actually, I had to swallow ALOT of flipping pride to even go ASK for help. However, because I am educated and working they refused to help me.

As for the war, personally, I think a few good bombs to completely adviserate them would be much cheaper. That is my opinion.

But hey it won’t happen to me because I’m an educated database developer.

Hmmm, so are you saying that 'struggling single mom's' are not. Hmmm, well this struggling single mom works 40+ hours a week, goes to school (maintaining a 3.5 GPA) for database administration, and takes care of her kids and household.

Just because you can use these gargantuan words to make yourself appear more intelligent does not mean I am less intelligent because I do not.

Apparently written B.S. is your forte, mine is taking care of my family. Therefore, I apologize if my views and written words make me appear less educated and unintelligent. I know I am not. So, if it makes you feel better to call us 'Single struggling Mom's' uneducated, then go ahead. That is the great thing about America. We can all have our own opinions and express them. Even if they are condescending, belittling, degrading and patronizing.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's what most people do. I am curious, though, as to why you hold the Democratic party exclusively responsible for how your personal situation turned out. Surely you don't think the Republicans have no input into how the welfare programs function?

Are they not the ones that allow it. Republicans would rather help people who will help themselves as well as put a cap on the time you can recieve it.

I'm INFJ. Us INFs gotta stick together. :cool:

So you know where I am coming from then. A kindren spirit.

I hope you didn't take my comments as bashing! I'm not saying you're wrong, but I do disagree and I'm interested in discussing it further. :)

No I respect your comments. You have yet to try and devisate me with words and insult my intelligence and education. You still like me even if we have different political views. Yes, I would love to discuss it further.

Oh, don't worry about me. I'm not actually fighting a battle, I'm just bitching about it. :D

See you're fun to debate with. You debate the persons views, not them personally.

jsanders said:
The real problem in the American ethos is innumeracy, not illiteracy.

I think the biggest problem with the the American ethos is materialism. :)

Ok, I'm backing down. I will be more than willing to continue this debate once I have done some research on my own to support my ideas.

I may have taken your comments personally j.. I assumed they were being pointed in my direction since you kept commenting on 'struggling single moms'. If not, then I apologize for assuming, and so, I apologize to the other forum for allowing you to rile me up.

With that said.......Kraj....how is the party planning and fatherhood coming along?

Shall I bring the drinks and entertainment?

selenau837 said:
Ok, I'm backing down. I will be more than willing to continue this debate once I have done some research on my own to support my ideas.

>>>Note to self: Learn how to back off as readily as Selenau...<<<

:) :) :)

I'd just like to note for the record that it's American posters here who are squabbling amongst themselves, and yet the insults are slung at me and my mate :mad: :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Rich said:
I'd just like to note for the record that it's American posters here who are squabbling amongst themselves, and yet the insults are slung at me and my mate :mad: :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Where?

Rich said:

:( Ohh dear, was I one of them? I would hate to think I was slinging insults at y'all while discussing this with J.

selenau837 said:
:( Ohh dear, was I one of them? I would hate to think I was slinging insults at y'all while discussing this with J.
No, not in the slightest and I don't think you should back down either, stand for what you believe ;)

selenau837 said:

I may have taken your comments personally j.. I assumed they were being pointed in my direction since you kept commenting on 'struggling single moms'. If not, then I apologize for assuming, and so, I apologize to the other forum for allowing you to rile me up.

With that said.......Kraj....how is the party planning and fatherhood coming along?

Shall I bring the drinks and entertainment?

Selena,
I use single moms as an example of the power of the Republican Party.
They have the most developed propaganda machine since Nazi Germany and too many Americans fall for it.
My own sister is among the followers of the Republican onslaught.

Let me state this for the record. I am not personally attacking you. The only reason there is a resemblance to my character is that as a single mom, you should be a likely candidate for the Democratic Party.

Since you’re not it proves 2 things.

1. The Democrats are not doing their job disseminating their cause.
2. The Republican lie machine is in full working order.

Whether you believe this or not the Republican Party is now only interested in making the richest 1 percent richer. There is proof of this in every aspect of the voting and in the policies set up by departments under their control.

Here are three examples of facts:
1. OSHA under the GWB administration reduced fines to coal mining operations in violation of safety requirements.
2. EPA under the GWB administration reduce criminal indictments against Electric Power Producers after the Clinton Administration Justice department had done the investigations.
3. FEMA under the unspeakable Led Zeppelin, the Department of Hone Land Security has mad it harder for the middle class to recover after a bad storm. Of course the ultra rich will just get all of the torn up property at much reduced rates offsetting whatever losses they may have had in the storm.

And lastly I think a lot of time I forget to separate logically my raving at the republicans and my use of examples. Leaving readers to believe I am attacking them.

Please believe me I am not attacking you.

My hatred of what I'm seeing from Washington is overwhelming me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom