Emailing from access:Individual Records to Individual Emails (1 Viewer)

marvelousme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
I have a database where I record grades for my students. I would like to create a macro so that every time I record a grade as an "F", the student will receive an email that will contain an attachment of their scores. A lot of the information I want to include in this email is in several different tables. So to make it easier, I have created a query that lists the following:
  • Students name (SName)
  • Student's email (SEmail)
  • ID# of the form I use to record their grades (ID)
  • ID# of the studen'ts work (WorkID)
  • Date of their work (CreatedDate)
  • Date I graded their work (AuditDate)
  • Grade="F" (Accuracy)

How can I create something that will automate emailing of this information--to the individual student with only their information? I am using Access 2010. If I can't automatically send the emails, I would like to create a button in my audit screen that will send a report containing that student's information to them.

AndyTheAstronomer

Local time
Today, 09:52
Hi marvelousme,

The only effective way to achieve what you want to is through using MSOutlook and VBA . You need to write a VBA procedure which basically opens your data as a recordset, creates an Outlook object, creates an e-mail in Outlook and populates the new e-mail with all the information it needs from your query, and then either displays or sends it.

You can develop really sophisticated mailing applications using VBA and Outlook.

If you Google on sending mail from Outlook with Access, there are many examples out there. Of course, you do need to understand VBA.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom