Fasting (1 Viewer)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:49
Its apartments now. There are a lot of old indians out here. Many of them are hand me downs from relatives who worked in the factories. Old bikes sometimes show up hidden away in the old barns.

No googling:
Do you know why the early indians had the throttle on the left handlebar?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Its apartments now. There are a lot of old indians out here. Many of them are hand me downs from relatives who worked in the factories. Old bikes sometimes show up hidden away in the old barns.

No googling:
Do you know why the early indians had the throttle on the left handlebar?
Left Hand, boy how do I know it. One of my Dad's drivers at one time was a Harley man. My Dad converted everything over to the other side. Istill remember his racing number. 102 U.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Last week going thru every draw in the house looking for my wife's old hearing aid I came across my Dad's stop watch that he used to time his drivers. It must be close to 100 years old. (attachment)

Attachments

• StopWatch.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 142

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
So the police could drive and shoot at the same time.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 07:49
Jesus Christ, isn't it politically incorrect to call a motorbike an 'Indian'? I'm shocked, upset and I'm going to protest and hold riots, and loot shops, throw rocks at police, smash up cars, commit arson, all in support of the poor dears maligned by this outrageous name.
Shouldn't it be called 'native american'? Or is it one of those 'it doesn't count' phrases.
Col

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Jesus Christ, isn't it politically incorrect to call a motorbike an 'Indian'? I'm shocked, upset and I'm going to protest and hold riots, and loot shops, throw rocks at police, smash up cars, commit arson, all in support of the poor dears maligned by this outrageous name.
Shouldn't it be called 'native american'? Or is it one of those 'it doesn't count' phrases.
Col
Dont know. Should Harley have a "Fat Boy"

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dont know. Should Harley have a "Fat Boy"
Did you ever go to the races in Laconia, NH. We went often, but one time a couple got married driving to the outside alter on identical yellow Indian Scouts.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Col
BTW, Dont worry Colin. We'll Post your bail.

@Dick7Access - No luck, everytime we planned on going to bike week there was terrential rain. This years Americade got covided. :mad:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Shouldn't it be called 'native american'?
Also, we must ban these from the automotive world:
Chevrolet Apache and Cheyenne
Dodge Dakota
Jeep Cherokee and Comanche
Nissan Qashqai
Pontiac brand
Volkswagen Touareg

and in aviation,
the Apache, Cheyenne, Commanche, Huron, Shawnee, Chinook, Sioux, Choctaw, Mohawk, Seminole, Iroquois...

Also, the Apache servers must be renamed, along with the Hiawatha and Cherokee servers (HTTP)

I'm just scratching the surface as there must be dozens of professional sports teams and hundreds of minor ones that have to go. Colin, maybe you should start an on-line petition?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Making public statements about what you do also helps adherence.

That's very good advice Jon, and in view of that advice, here is my public statement!

It's hard to believe that this is only the morning of day 5, it feels like it's been a month! Can't understand why it feels like that? Maybe it's something to do with denying the eating urge. The most significant thing is I'm not hungry, but the annoying thing is when I see a packet of crisps, chocolate, something interesting in the fridge, I just want to eat it. There you go, I've got it, it's more about breaking a lifetimes habit!

Day 3 Recap
Day 3, last day of a 3 day fast...

Finished the day having a steak, chips and mushrooms.
Didn't eat anything all day, had half a steak along with a generous portion of of spinach and a big portion of Lidl Meadow Fresh Potato Salad with Creme Fraiche. Lidl do the Best potato Salad!

230g Steak------------200 kcal
Potato Salad----------400 kcal
200g Spinach----------40 kcal
4 Cloves Garlic---------20 kcal
Large Fried Egg-------100 kcal
20g Olive oil-----------200 kcal
Total = 960 kcal

That's probably about half the calories I use a day, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose some!
I also had a couple of ice creams out of the freezer later in the evening I reckon they were about 200 calories each.

Day 4
Much the same, got through the day without eating by drinking plenty of water, Tea and the occasional OXO drink. I understand OXO drinks are important because they provide salt which I believe is helpful in suppressing appetite and necessary for your constitution.

At around 5 I broke my fast with the other half of the steak, which has been sitting in the fridge begging me to eat it since the day before:-

230g Steak------------200 kcal
200g Spinach----------40 kcal
4 Cloves Garlic---------20 kcal
Large Fried Egg-------100 kcal
20g Olive oil-----------200 kcal
Total = 560Cal

Notice, I didn't have the potato salad because I forgot to put it on the plate! How did that happen? I didn't realise until this morning!

Day 5 (Now - this morning)
I like salted pistachio nuts in their shells, and I had a bag of loose nuts in my body-warmer pocket (this is wide open to innuendo) as it dawned on me this morning that I had forgotten to add the potato salad to my evening meal, I realised I was 200 calories a head! So on finding the pistachio nuts, I thought they will make a very nice breakfast. I've eaten half of them, I'm unsure as to the weight and calorie content but it's not significant, probably around 150 kcal I reckon.

Note:- I think I got the weight of the steak wrong, I think the whole steak was 230g, but the packaging is gone so I can't be sure...

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Bravo Uncle! I have a few more tips for you. There is something called Choice Architecture. It is about engineering your environment to make the good behaviour easier to do than the bad one, so it becomes a default. An example would be having a fruit bowl and plate next to you by your chair while watching TV, or on the computer, rather than having it in say the kitchen. It makes it easier to do the healthy thing. Put the bad food, like crisps and chocolate stored in the garage, or inside a box with lots of books on top covered with a blanket. Make the bad behaviour take more effort to do. Another example would be putting your gym gear out the night before, with everything neatly laid out so when you get up, there is little effort to get going.

They do the same thing in supermarkets, to make you buy something extra right at the checkout.

It would be interesting if you posted here your weight when you measure it. That can hold you accountable! AWF, the new Weight Watchers! :D

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
AWF, the new Weight Watchers

DAY 6 - Saturday was much the same as the other days, no need to post an itemised list of calories, I'm happy that I kept to my 1000 calories.

DAY 7 - Sunday, day off! roast beef Yorkshire pudding loads of veg, however I was pleasantly surprised, I was having a day off fasting but I didn't binge! I had a small plate for my Sunday roast, and when I fancied a snack, I had an orange. My only indulgence was to have two thick cut slices of a fresh loaf with loads of butter.

DAY 8 -
Today (Monday) I begin another 3-day fast!

Fasting Eyesight Change?
An interesting side effect, I'm short-sighted, always have been, however over the last 2 years my eyesight has been gradually changing, necessitating the need for a new prescription of TWO pairs of glasses, one pair for distance and one pair for reading. Over this past week of fasting I noticed that I wasn't happy with my glasses. I couldn't seem to get the right pair on at the right time. It wasn't until I was driving along and suddenly realised I had my bloody reading glasses on, that I realised what was going on. I took them off, and hey presto I could see fine! I could read all the signs, I could read the number plates, I thought well I don't need to wear glasses for driving anymore. I've been doing a few experiments and indeed, all I need now is glasses for a up close reading. The change seems very rapid, and although there is a natural tendency for eyesight to change, I was suspicious that it had occurred while I was fasting. Researching online I found there is some indication that indeed fasting can alter your eyesight. Will keep you posted...

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Uncle Gizmo, I'm seriously impressed! I know Boris has started a campaign in the UK to get people dieting, after finding that obese people are 3 times more likely to need a ventilator from Covid.

Maybe your eyeballs got fat and so reducing the bulging caused the new prescription. But your new fasting regime has given you skinny eyes! :p

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
obese people are 3 times more likely to need a ventilator

That knowledge is indeed a very serious incentive! - I used to tease my skinny sister. She would challenge me on my weight, I would say, well when we have the next bout of flu, and you don't eat for 3 weeks you will die and I will live off my fat and Survive. Obviously that theory's out of the window!

Another incentive, (for anyone taking the need to reduce their weight seriously, particularly with the high risk if you happen to get Covid-19...)

Fasting destroy's viruses
When your body is in fasting mode if actually enhances its ability to destroy viruses. When fasting your body realises that it needs to gather as much energy as it can from within the body so before it starts taking the fat reserves it gives your body a good clean out some people call this a detox and it's definitely worth doing, I feel loads better!

Get Through the First DAY
You've just got to get through the first day without eating much, don't stop yourself eating although that is the best thing to do really because once you pick up a biscuit or something you won't eat just the one you'll eat too many! So really you've got to stop yourself eating anything because it's not hunger that will defeat you it's the Habit of eating which will defeat you, and that is the worst and most problematic thing. So you need good incentive, and good motivation and and the risk the three times increase in risk of dying from this virus epidemic, well if that's not a good incentive and that if that incentive won't get you you on the bandwagon, then nothing will.

Green Energy
I wonder, with all the fat people going to the incinerators couldn't a use that as a green source of energy?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Longevity & Why I now eat One Meal a Day

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
I know I should be fasting from time to time. I just have a serious lack of will power. I have tried fasting for a couple of days in the past. I felt like I was constantly hungry. Tried drinking a lot of water and some juices to help, but it never seemed to help. I even tried a cup of plain white rice (now that I know more about white rice, it probably was not a good choice).

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I completed another 3-day fast from Monday to Wednesday the 29th. I've had just over a week off from fasting. I started fasting again yesterday. It does get easier! The worst thing is when someone else is eating something, especially something like a takeaway! I found that having an OXO Cube, either chicken or beef takes away the hunger. It's not really a Hunger, it's the impulse to to get back into your old ways and eat the takeaway. The Salty drink helps you resist the urge. I was listening to a podcast where Mikhaila Peterson interviewed Cole Robinson:-

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...TlhZTUtYTVkOThjMGEzMzQ4?ep=14&pe=1&pep=450459 - The Body Needs SALT!

Cole Robinson - YouTube Channel

I haven't watched any of Cole's videos yet, I understand they are a bit near the knuckle regarding language and mannerisms!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom