Favourite Music (1 Viewer)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:26
electronic music worthy ?

How about vangelis , Jan Micheal Jarre(?)
more recent Moby
some of Moby' stuff is really very good

Vangelis already has a mention, Jarre? I liked Zoolook, but found him a bit repetitve. Moby??

I guess overall, its a pretty limited category - either used to show off instruments capabilities (Switched On Bach) or show off the performers capabilities (Emerson, Wakeman etc)

Since the initial boom, other than to get better quality orchestra simulations, who (or what instrument) has taken it anywhere since?

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:26
My favorite kind of music is mostly guitar related, but to just list a few

Actually I could easily argue that even music recorded today would sound "better" from a decent turntable etc than a digital source
Not directly related to this but here's something I read about the quality of music on CDs not being as good as they used to be.

YouTube - The Loudness War

Wikipedia - Loudness War (Note: I'm more wary about Wikipedia entries after reading this - Student’s program sends PR chaos in Wiki-scandal)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
Is that Moby Dick?:p

No (lol)
however , soem of his stuff , i would rate - his mixing of classical music with soul voices , then the electric stuff even down to the tantric(?) chanting

cutting edge in its way , and I know its all electric, computer gerneated - but he does not hide this fact,

the blend of voice -to music- to rave culture is brilliant (I am a bit too old for a rave these days, but still enjoy the odd trip to Glastonbury -

g:rolleyes:

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
for a great voice how about
gabrielle- just replayed "Rise" -still sends a tingle down my back ..
sunshine through my window - brill.. ( a bit cheesey I know)

g:)

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 03:26
Does anyone else use last.fm? My profile is here and it shows all the music I've been listening to and ranks it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom