Favourite Music (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

D'oh!!!!! - the observent will have noted, where typed Fleetwood Mack, was thinking John Mayall & Bluesbreakers

Well talented though Mayall is, Fleetwood Mac with Green still outsold the Beatles in the early years, a feat Mayall never achieved. Green of course, having lost his marbles years ago has found them again;)

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:19
Has this duck finally died?

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
From the deathly silence, I would say yes. Thanks to all contributors

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Il morte Pavarotti

Whether opera is your thing or not (and it sure ain't mine) his was a truly magnificent voice

As a singer, give me Robert Plant anyday

R

Rich

Il morte Pavarotti

Whether opera is your thing or not (and it sure ain't mine) his was a truly magnificent voice

As a singer, give me Robert Plant anyday

Looking through some old newspapers of the time it was often said that nobody could understand Jagger, well I've never understood a word of Pavlovas either.....
As for great singers you've left John Fogerty and Steve Marriot off the list, but then you forgot to include Brian Jones as one of the great slide guitarists of his era too:cool:

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:19
Looking through some old newspapers of the time it was often said that nobody could understand Jagger, well I've never understood a word of Pavlovas either.....
As for great singers you've left John Fogerty and Steve Marriot off the list, but then you forgot to include Brian Jones as one of the great slide guitarists of his era too:cool:

Somewhere in my parents house is an original 45 of Itchycoo Park.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Got rid of all my 45s, I can now get several thousand on me MP3, oddly enough they still sound better on a juke box:eek:

At last! Something we agree on.... 50's 60's records definitely sound better on the equipment of the time

R

Rich

At last! Something we agree on.... 50's 60's records definitely sound better on the equipment of the time

Actually I could easily argue that even music recorded today would sound "better" from a decent turntable etc than a digital source

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Actually I could easily argue that even music recorded today would sound "better" from a decent turntable etc than a digital source

Ah, now there's a subject! I'm still not sure, I think the purely electronic music is best suited to digital, accoustic instruments?????

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, you may be right - I was thinking along the lines of analogue that improved by digital upgrade & had more in mind Vangelis, Patrick Moraz and a few others (there isn't a vast range of electronic music) but ELP, Yes and probably most of the ProgRock generation would fit the bill

Recently got Yessongs on CD (not having heard the vinyl for about 15 years) and Wakeman's 6 Wives of Henry XIII exerpt certainly benefits!

R

Rich

You should have got his best i.e. myths and legends, see how your speakers respond to the bass:cool:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
And at the parting of our ways - sorry, I was more an Emerson fan than Wakeman

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Yesterday, 18:19
electronic music worthy ?

How about vangelis , Jan Micheal Jarre(?)
more recent Moby
some of Moby' stuff is really very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom