Format property in report text box does nothing (I want fixed or currency format) (1 Viewer)

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 13:22
I've got a report on which the detail section contains three text boxes with currency values in them - these values are based on a summary query which in turn is based on a table in which the data type is currency for all three fields.

When I set the Format property for these text boxes to Currency or Fixed, the report still shows only significant figures in the decimal portion of each number.

I've tried also adding the format in the underlying query, to no avail.

What could I be doing wrong? There are nulls in the query result (denoting no transactions for the record, as distinct from transactions that happen to total zero) - could these be stopping the report formatting the numbers where they do appear?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Are you using Nz() for null values? so that 0 replaces Null. When you state significant figurs of the decimal portion what are you actually getting? an example please.

David

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Ah. The underlying query was using Nz, but didn't need to - because I do actually want null fields to be blank. I removed the Nz and it works as expected now.

(by significant figures, I mean that I was getting currency values such as £28.50 displayed as 28.5)

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom