From Tomorrow I am going to stay inside a Forest. For 3 days... (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 04:42
on one of my vacations to colorado 20 years ago, I wanted to climb up the mountain just behind our cabin to see where it would lead me. the locals reminded me to take one thing other than food and water - a bell or something that I could wear that would make noise when I was walking up the mountain to scare the bears away. I opted for a bell on the side of my belt. and it must have worked, cuz I saw no bears on the way up or the way down.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:42
The Scot’s advise the same thing in Scotland to scare away the haggises

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:42
Screen-Shot-2017-11-08-at-12.03.35-PM.png

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 15:12
Some Weeks Ago... The resort Owner shared with us..

p.s:
I don't know how to share video file here. That's why attached. Kindly excuse if it is not allowed Hence advice on the same...

Attachments

• Tusker in My Resort.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 88

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
My son is 95 days into walking the Pacific Crest Trail which runs from the Mexican border to the Canadian border through CA, OR, WA, total of 2653 miles. Buys food every so often at various towns on or near trail and has to carry several days water through some areas. Currently having to store food in bear can. Attached pic shows snow overnight on one stop. He's crazy but I have to admire his dream of doing the walk and doing it.
That is an incredible journey. I know people that just went on a small portion of the trail (mostly in the Sierras). It can be very challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom