Good Morning All, (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 15:56
Matt Greatorex said:
Agree entirely. Is there an easy way to get it to look like it used to? I can adapt, but I know my beloved will be straight onto me as soon as she notices. :D

That's my problem too :( , and of course she blames me not bl&*dy microsoft for any changes.:mad:

I will have to study the help but nothing intuitive works.

Brian

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:56
I think they are trying to make IE look more and more like firefox. have not dloaded the new firefox yet and am waiting til they fix the few bugs in IE 7 before I dload that.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
The new Firefox isn't all that big of a change. The most noticeable thing it has now is a spell checker.

I checked out IE7, but it looks like it's just now caught up to what the other browsers (Firefox, Opera, etc) already had. I'll be sticking with Firefox.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 10:56
Matty said:
The new Firefox isn't all that big of a change. The most noticeable thing it has now is a spell checker.

I checked out IE7, but it looks like it's just now caught up to what the other browsers (Firefox, Opera, etc) already had. I'll be sticking with Firefox.

What d oyou like about firfox
and can they both reside

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
pure, unadulterated, speed! IE can't hold a candle to it...not to mention it's not nearly as "problematic". Using various bandwidth / throughput speed meters, Firefox will peg the meter with only moderate to abysmal performance from IE.
jsanders said:
can they both reside
I don't have any problems. Sometimes security protocols on certain sites do not work with Firefox. I can't upgrade and verify my McAfee subscription through Firefox, I have to load IE.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Sorry J I seem to have sidetracked your thread.

Nothing new there then. :D

Brian

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
jsanders said:
and can they both reside

The main thing I like about Firefox is the add-ons you can download for it. Wikipedia/Google/dictionary look-ups when you right-click on a word or phrase, weather forecasts, download managers, etc.

I run them both, since there are a few instances where I still use IE, mostly if I need to run an ActiveX app or test websites for work.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
I've also noticed that IE7 is trying to feather the edge of some text in the browser, and it doesn't do a great job of making it any easier on the eyes -- it actually makes it worse according to me.

I've also grown very fond of tabbed browsing in Firefox over the past couple of years, but that's also in the new version of IE.

Should we be making a new thread for this? :D

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 16:56
jsanders said:
Have you guys tried Google Earth?

I can take a look at your street from way over here in Virginia.

I looked at Virginia from here ( Dutch Mountains ) and figured that you are here , Joe. ;)

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
We had a record low last night in Jacksonville, FL. It actually snowed in the air, but melted before reaching ground level. On the ground we were only a few degrees to warms for the snow to pile up. In between the rain, it felt like a soft mist of melted, albiet freezing cold, snow.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
That's my problem too :( , and of course she blames me not bl&*dy microsoft for any changes.:mad:

LMAO, I updated the IE on my laptop the other day, my beloved clarified the consequences of same happening to the home computer :p

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
It's horrid here in the NW of England. And our boiler's on the fritz :(
And I'm stuck here in the office until his lordship comes to pick me up.
AndI can't seem to work out why the search in my work-in-progress database has suddenly decided to stop working between yesterday evening and now! grrrr!

KenHigg

Local time
nikkypickles said:
It's horrid here in the NW of England. And our boiler's on the fritz :(
And I'm stuck here in the office until his lordship comes to pick me up.
AndI can't seem to work out why the search in my work-in-progress database has suddenly decided to stop working between yesterday evening and now! grrrr!

Call Rich - He's supposed to be good with the boilers. :) :)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
KenHigg said:
Call Rich - He's supposed to be good with the boilers. :) :)

Does he do the Mother-in-Law variety? :eek:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
Rich is too young to know about old boilers.:)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
Fair point, some of these pictures are very out of date.
Who owned the house before you, then? :D

This was during the Google Earth chat, well tonight on the local news it was revealed that the pictures of the North West of England are 5 years out of date, this is upsetting the authorities but would make no difference to pictures of me as the sun has been bouncing off my bald head for decades.:D

Brian

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Brianwarnock said:
This was during the Google Earth chat, well tonight on the local news it was revealed that the pictures of the North West of England are 5 years out of date, this is upsetting the authorities but would make no difference to pictures of me as the sun has been bouncing off my bald head for decades.:D

Brian

I found this out a little while back - about the site, not your head - when my Mother sent me a link to the area containing a house of someone we know, only for us to find that it was just a field.

There is still a picture of a house my parents moved out of back in 2001 and you can clearly see the family business van parked outside it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom