Has Biden wrecked women's sports? (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:10
Women are built with higher fat percentages than men, and men have more muscle. So for the same weight, men are stronger and leaner. A good way to differentiate is to ask if they were born biologically male or female.

Edit: here is an interesting chart:

Source: https://exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/CleanStandards

So, for a 148lb intermediate man vs a 148lb intermediate woman, the guy lifts 165lbs while the woman lifts 100lbs. The guy is 65% stronger than the woman for the same body weight. End of argument.

Biden's ruling will decimate women's sport. Simple.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:10
There are crazy people pushing to allow children to start the transition even prior to puberty. I call them crazy because anyone who thinks a child is capable of making such a decision has a screw loose or perhaps several.

I don't understand why woman's rights organizations are not going crazy over this. I guess they're so woke that they don't understand that everything they have worked for over the past century was just erased by Biden.

I was reading Reader's Digest this morning and on the joke page they have a visual. Picture this - 10 people siting around an oval conference table. Highrises visible outside the windows. The chair at the head of the table contains a fiscus tree in a pot about the same height as the chairback. The caption:
"It's amazing to think he started out in the lobby"

Where's that little boy from "The Emperor's New Clothes"?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A good way to differentiate is to ask if they were born biologically male or female.
They'll put you in twitter jail for asking that question. Or maybe even a reeducation camp if they think you supported Trump.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think the chart above just shows the physical disparity between men and women. Some sports are more about precision, but many are about power and speed. To ignore the bleeding obvious to avoid upsetting the few whilst angering the many is just plain stupid.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I don't understand why woman's rights organizations are not going crazy over this.
It is truly amazing how many organizations that voraciously claim with great moral authority to be in favor the environment, civil rights, and free-speech actually disingenuously allow the very opposite occur. Some environmental groups fail to oppose illegal immigrants, some civil rights group now demand "equity" (racism), and some free-speech advocates now insist on suppressing thought considered "offensive". Unfortunately, we may never understand why woman's rights organizations are not going crazy over this.

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
But weight classes can make up a huge part of that. Anyway, it would be a start. Far better than segregated sports.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It is rather ironic that in a mind sport that I love, chess, there is a separate women's world championship. You would think that given men don't have a supposed intellectual advantage over women, there would be just the one world championship. I could go down the line and say it is discriminatory against men, because while women and men can compete for the main world championship, only women can compete for the women's world championship. Personally, I don't care about that at all. Let people do what they want! But if we use the rules and principles of discrimination, then why have two different world championships for a sport where equals compete?

That is altogether different to the inequalities between men and women regarding physical prowess. Considering that transgendered athletes represent a tiny percentage of entrants, I predict that they will make up a grossly disproportionate cohort of winners. Then the Democrats will have to face the inevitable fact that while they think it is the right thing to do, it was proven to be the opposite.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In my mind "sport" of choice, bridge, there used to be men's and women's events. I never played in the women's events mostly because they all wore too much perfume. Today, men's events are gone but women's events still exist at the highest levels of international play. I never liked the division by sex and I thought there always should be a third mixed pairs event if they were going to do men's and women's pairs. The Mixed Pairs still exists today. I'm wondering if they'll now have to allow men dressed as women to play as the female of the pair:) Bridge players are pretty woke.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:10
Just separate the sports by chromosomes. People with matching chromosomes can compete. I don't know why the left is so resistant to science 😕

Vassago

Local time
That's not good enough either, Access. There are biological women born with XY chromosomes. It happens when the gonads fail to develop and release hormones correctly. Since we all start female and males are formed after the testes form, the person stays female, complete with female body shape and parts. It's more common that you might think and you've probably meet some women with the disorder and didn't know.

It seems people don't like the gender separation in Chess and Bridge, so I say again, why keep them in these other sports? Use weight class, body type, something that actually can change the outcome, other than gender.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Use weight class, body type, something that actually can change the outcome, other than gender.
Because biological men who compete as women will always have an unfair advantages over women who are not juiced up on hormones. Given all things being equal like weight and mass.

Vassago

Local time
Because biological men who compete as women will always have an unfair advantages over women who are not juiced up on hormones. Given all things being equal like weight and mass.
I'm not so sure. You don't know some of the women I do.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Trans sports are okay with me. But they are in a league of their own by choice. You need special accommodation like bathrooms and dressing rooms otherwise women will not feel safe.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
"Where are the ladies toilets? Anyone?"

"And why do I have to sit down in the ladies toilet? Isn't that discriminatory against women with man bits?" :D

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
"Could someone direct me to the ladies arm wrestling contest please? I see there is a $10,000 prize and I'm entering!"

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This executive order just proves the point - the liberals have gone bats*** crazy. The party of "women's rights" and "always believe the woman (unless she is accusing one of us)" has cancelled women and they don't even see the hypocrisy of it.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
"Breaking news! A 2024 analysis of the most successful winners in women's sports reveals a key characteristic: a thick beard."

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Kickboxing: man vs woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom