hello all (1 Viewer)

RichardMarbat

Local time
Tomorrow, 09:13
Hello

I'm originally from the UK and currently live in New Zealand. I'm an old FoxPro programmer (actually still am) I've been using FoxPro for some 30+ years but as time goes by and software changes Fox doesn't, so it's come time to change (should have been writing this years ago)...

I work in marketing (direct mail), we process millions of records from a multitude of sources and clients, I actually don't really need a database (in the true sense) we mostly work with tables to suck data in, manipulate it and spit it out again, fox is a great tool for this... I've never really liked Access (no command box) so never really bothered looking into it, that said, I have now started looking at Access & VBA and I realize just how old FoxPro really is... With VBA recordsets etc I can now see that this could work for me...

My problem(s) is getting to grips with VBA and how it interacts with the tables etc, converting the fox functions I know into VBA, I know what I want to do I just have to do it a different way.

I'm hoping this will provide a forum for me to learn, and even help others as I get better...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:13
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
Welcome aboard. Tell the government to open the border...I want to visit my daughter!! :)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:13
Hello, Richard, and welcome to the forum.

I, too, am a Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom