Hello everyone from a family tree builder (1 Viewer)

JeanPierreMestdagh

Local time
Today, 21:35
Recently I joined as a volunteer a non-profit organisation that possesses a rich archive of geneological documents (dating from the 15th century up till now).
A few years ago some members started entering genealogical source data into Microsoft Access databases, one db per type of source (i.e. birth certificates, marriage certificates, death certificates, a.s.o.) organised in simple flat tables. This is done on separate computers in the documentation center of the organisation and on the personal home computers of the members. All together a couple of million entries have been made.
We are now involved in a project to consolidate all these data into a truly relational database in order to provide family tree researchers (who we welcome in our documentation center from over the whole world) with a powerful search tool.
As we can't financially afford outsourcing the development I and a collegue do the best we can to accomplish this goal. We have some experience in setting up a relational data model and in visual basic programming.
We are based in Melle, a town near the city of Gent, Belgium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom