Hello from British Columbia, Canada (1 Viewer)

Xevon

Local time
Today, 15:41
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and reaching out to say Hi as requested. I've been programming in MS Access pretty much since it came out, prior to that I used dBase and such the like. I used BASIC when we had BASCOM to comile the programs into executables, and C later, but branched off into networking, servers, SQL, and management, so I never made the jump to object oriented programming, I'm a top-down kinda person. Those were good days when we told the computers what to do, rather than us having to fit into what the programming environment wants, but don't get me wrong, no longer having to re-invent the wheel when it comes to add-on code libraries is a wonderful thing.

Personally I'm originally from Southern California and moved to Canada about seven years ago. Now I'm on Vancouver Island and love it, there is so much beautiful scenery here and the weather isn't terrible like it can be in the rest of Canada. In fact where I am now is about as far west as one can get in Canada, and the west coast of this island is a surfer's paradise. It's very much worth visiting.

A question that I'm stuck on is what brought me here, but now that I am, I plan to contribute as much as I am able.

Best wishes,
- Jim (Xevon) -

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:41
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Jim! I'd love to visit your area, but haven't made it yet.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:41
Hello, Jim, and welcome to the forum. About 45 years ago my parents and I took a trip up the USA west coast. We had a place to visit in Seattle for family issues, but then had some time to explore. We crossed into Vancouver and really enjoyed our visit including a really nice Chinese restaurant in the bay area. (It's been too long and I can't remember the restaurant's name at this time.) I recall the nice weather and picturesque scenery. I recall that Vancouver had a lot of Monkey Puzzle trees. My mom loved them but was sad to find out that they didn't grow very well in South Louisiana. I think she would have enjoyed having one in our back yard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom