Hi! 2 (1 Viewer)

Chitoparadais

Local time
Yesterday, 22:50
I am from El Salvador and, I think it will surprise you, I am a Catholic priest (and before that, a chemical engineer). Every time I discover that programming I am passionate about.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:50
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum. https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/ We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:50
Bienvenidos!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:50
Just as a curiosity - Frequently I have seen that the more scientifically oriented Catholic priests were of the Jesuit order. At least in my area of the word, south Louisiana, that seems to be true. Are you a Jesuit?

Chitoparadais

Local time
Yesterday, 22:50
Just as a curiosity - Frequently I have seen that the more scientifically oriented Catholic priests were of the Jesuit order. At least in my area of the word, south Louisiana, that seems to be true. Are you a Jesuit?
What a surprise your question has given me!
Yes, Jesuits have always been highly trained priests: I know them.
In my case, I am not a Jesuit. I am a priest of the Prelature of Opus Dei. All the priests of Opus Dei, before being priests, have studied a university career. As you already know, I am a chemical engineer: and although I no longer work as such, it is clear that I have not lost the mentality of an engineer (I am passionate about research!).
I will pray for you, for your family and for the work you do (Great job being a husband, father and grandfather!).
My name is René Parada, from San Salvador, El Salvador.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:50
Hello Rene. I am "Doc" to many members here but actually I'm Richard. The "Doc" is due to having a PhD in chemistry from my younger days before a combination of family and economic issues diverted me to "pure" computing as a career. That nickname sprang up at the office because there were two Richards in the group and I was less senior. So the group leader was Richard and I was "Doc" - and it stuck when I moved to a new group. I spent 28 1/2 years with the U.S.Navy (various branches) as a systems administrator and security person.. and database person. I retired in 2016, sad to leave my really great colleagues but ... I was ready to retire.

As to where I live now, it is a suburb a few miles west of New Orleans called "Metairie" - a good French name. My wife is a "true" Cajun in that we have traced her ancestry to the Acadian Diaspora from Canada in the 1730s - the moral equivalent of a person with British ancestry claiming to have arrived on the Mayflower. Though as is typical of Cajuns, she has a little touch of Spanish ancestry from the Grand Canary Islands. With solid French AND Spanish heritage, you might guess (correctly) that she is a devout Catholic. I'm not Catholic but that fact didn't stop her from loving me. The kids and the grandkids don't care either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom