I hit 5,000 posts! (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:44
Who cares? I assume noone, but I'm trying to get Colin's attention. Colin, are you proud of me? :D How about you Rich? I am so amazing! What do you think? :D

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 18:44
Who cares? I assume noone, but I'm trying to get Colin's attention. Colin, are you proud of me? :D How about you Rich? I am so amazing! What do you think? :D

What do you want - a medal?

Award yourself a purple heart, they're easily available and quite cheap on Ebay.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
This thread's boring and meaningless and thus should be closed:rolleyes:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 13:44
Congratulations. At my current rate, it will only take me 45 years to "catch-up" to you.

With so many posts, what do you do with your "spare time"? Actually, I am quire amazed at the dedication of so many people here on this forum. The ability to freely exchange information and suggestions is invaluable.

Not to get too political, but it also amazes me how many people can't accept the fact that people freely exchange information of forums such as this. Periodically, I run across posts saying how Wikipedia is "evil" because it undercuts competitors such as Encyclopedia Britannica. But isn't that what free enterprise is about?

Anyway, this forum has provided free valuable advice that has allowed me, as well as others, to develop Access database solutions for their businesses. This community effort helps everyone develop databases with minimal "consulting" costs. Thanks for your help.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
no problem Steve.

At any rate, my post count can be attributed to the unreasonable amount of posts that I made during my first year here. It was really out of whack, not including the junk that I posted in response to Rich and Colin (god help me). :D

Interesting post about the free enterprise too. How about the issue of undercutting that is comming from India? Would you rather pay 1000 dollars in this country to get something done, or pay 100 dollars for someone in India to do the same thing? That's the detriment of globalization. Whoever started it should really be stoned (just kidding of course, but it's seriously not cool). But at any rate, I praise the people who are keeping the standard of living up in this country. I'll tell you something though....if you continuously look for cost savings, you're contributing to the lowering of the standard of living. "But then again, HOW do you break into a competitive market without offering a cost savings to a buyer!? Answer that!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I'll tell you something though....if you continuously look for cost savings, you're contributing to the lowering of the standard of living. "But then again, HOW do you break into a competitive market without offering a cost savings to a buyer!?

Not an easy answer. First, when capital flows from the US to India, it does not lower our standard of living since we can consume more for less $$. But we should also recognize that it improves the standard of living in India! The Indians would then have money to buy some of the products that we export.

Second, forums such as this - help improve our standard of living. Let's assume a company that manufactures widgets. This forum helps reduce the cost of producing widgets by eliminating the costs associated with hiring database consultants. Therefore more people can buy the widgets at lower cost thereby contributing to a higher standard of living.

Of course the database consultants are going to scream that they are being deprived of a livelihood. Well in the free-market too bad. If you can't compete with "FREE" get another job. (This gets back to my comment that there is a whole community of so-called capitalist advocates who somehow can not comprehend this type of competition.)

Third, there is the issue of productivity. Improvements in productivity lead to cheaper production, but it also leads to higher unemployment since you don't need as many people to produce a product. So on one hand improvements in productivity improve our overall standard of living, for those laid off it may mean a decline in the standard of living.

Finally, what I think is (will be) really damaging to our standard of living is the deficit spending. If it continues, it will eventually debase our currency. Also there is the issue of inflation. What that means is that commodities and products built overseas will become more expensive. That translates into a lower standard of living for all.

PS: I will skip the comments concerning how our standard of living is, in part, based on our ability to "waste" resources.

Last edited:

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
no problem Steve.

At any rate, my post count can be attributed to the unreasonable amount of posts that I made during my first year here. It was really out of whack, not including the junk that I posted in response to Rich and Colin (god help me). :D

Or the junk rules that you posted on here:rolleyes:

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Second, forums such as this - help improve our standard of living. Let's assume a company that manufactures widgets. This forum helps reduce the cost of producing widgets by eliminating the costs associated with hiring database consultants. Therefore more people can buy the widgets at lower cost thereby contributing to a higher standard of living.

Of course the database consultants are going to scream that they are being deprived of a livelihood. Well in the free-market too bad.

TOO BAD? Wow Steve, you're obviously not a database consultant. It is because of this attitude that you've spelled out I'm considering a government job. At least those will never be surpressed because of India's 99c per minute consulting over the internet. I have no idea why you said all of what you did, but my only guess is that you work for government and you don't have the ability to see the inevitable decline of capitalism. I would assume you wouldn't have said all of this if you were in an unstable career like database consulting is now.

Anyway, government work nowadays sure looks promising! Like I said, if government is going to get bigger with time, why not get a job with the ruling party? :rolleyes:

As for Rich's comment, since it means absolutely nothing, I guess this is the only acknowledgement that it will get. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Unlike your rules for posting here:rolleyes:
hey Rich,

Marleymanner1 sent me a message once and told me that you befriended him. Is that true!? I am going to start calling you a troll if that is. But of course, you will lie regardless of what you say, so I suppose I should just start reporting your posts no matter what they say, huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
I did NOT hit 5000 posts...

my apologies to everyone. I have not hit this mark yet. Net of posts that are in regard to Colin and Rich, I have posted 4,943.3940594837465 times.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
hey Rich,

Marleymanner1 sent me a message once and told me that you befriended him. Is that true!? I am going to start calling you a troll if that is. But of course, you will lie regardless of what you say, so I suppose I should just start reporting your posts no matter what they say, huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I've been called a troll many times on here before, especially by Americans with no answers:rolleyes:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I have no idea why you said all of what you did, but my only guess is that you work for government and you don't have the ability to see the inevitable decline of capitalism. I would assume you wouldn't have said all of this if you were in an unstable career like database consulting is now.

Yes, I am from the government and I am here to help.:D:D. I guess I have been in the government sector too long since my writing style gives me away. So good call!

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yes, I am from the government and I am here to help.:D:D. I guess I have been in the government sector too long since my writing style gives me away. So good call!

Just consider yourself lucky Steve. If government involvement in business keeps growing, look forward to plenty of raises in the future. Although I think it's pathetic, you have a lot to grin about, especially if you don't have to worry about staying in your home tomorrow. Just try to keep it to yourself though, otherwise the people that are suffering in the private sector right now might try to hunt you down. ;) Obama already has that to worry about. You might too if you get too high up on that gov. ladder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom