I just HATE Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 01:58
For the report, to go to Print Preview, you change the view on the leftmost button and choose 'Print Preview'. This will then show the print preview (and the ribbon for that as well)

I suppose you also could add the Print button to the QAT.

I don't do a lot of printing so that's probably why I didn't think of it originally. If you want to add it anyway, I'm sure you can find the right button to do so.

List of built-in controls' ID
2007 Icon Gallery

sportsguy

Finance wiz, Access hack
Local time
Today, 04:58
:confused:

check the attachment, what am i missing?

Attachments

• Missing Print option.jpg
    Missing Print option.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 154

Banana

Local time
Your report is in Layout view. Change the view to "Print Preview".

sportsguy

Finance wiz, Access hack
Local time
That is print preview. . .

which is why I asked, "What am I missing?" and one other quick question:

When I create a query, graphically, the query itself can't run on the first attempt, because at the end of the SELECT statement before FROM is , *
which is a comma and an asterick.

That doesn't happen on my work laptop version. I bought the disk from a reputable source, and have upgraded the service pak, but don't understand why that extra comma and asterick is always there in a graphically built query. . .

Do I have a pre released version? the key was valid. . .

thanks

sportsguy

Banana

Local time
That is print preview. . .

which is why I asked, "What am I missing?"

Actually, no. That's layout. Print Preview is a fourth option for viewing the report.

When I create a query, graphically, the query itself can't run on the first attempt, because at the end of the SELECT statement before FROM is , *
which is a comma and an asterick.

How did you create the query? What was the complete SQL statement?

[quote[That doesn't happen on my work laptop version. I bought the disk from a reputable source, and have upgraded the service pak, but don't understand why that extra comma and asterick is always there in a graphically built query. . .[/quote]

So you always get it in there regardless of what query you're making?

BTW, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ribbons or hating 2007 in general... may I suggest starting a new thread?

Do I have a pre released version? the key was valid. . .

Unlikely. Betas would have had expired long ago.

sportsguy

Finance wiz, Access hack
Local time
Thanks for the code,
its very helpful to get me started.

I will figure out how to get the Print group down from the Office button myself. . .

its well worth publishing in one of the code sections above, as its great for hacks like me to figure out. . .

sportsguy

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:58
I found nothing really attractive about Drop down Menus or Switchboards particular when it is dead easy to create a customised Menu system by simply creating your own Forms with command Buttons. I found the transition between Access 1997 and Access 2007 - relatively painless.

A ribbon is best left to something you put on your lapel to signify your empathy for a particular cause!

Why allow yourself being held to random by an Access feature that you have no guarantee that that feature will be preserved? This is a program that treated jpeg images until 2007 as bitmaps so you have assume that the Access designers aren't exactly rocket scientists.

Simon

TexanInParis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:58
I switch back and forth between 2000, 2003, and 2007 all the time - I have clients who use the different versions. Custom ribbons are much more flexible than the old menus / toolbars and not hard to build if you get a tool like this:

http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbonx/index.php

After using 2007 so frequently, I find that I'm now discovering stuff on the right-click menus in 2003 that I didn't know were there. Right-click is the secret to using 2007 more efficiently.

John Viescas, author
Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Building Microsoft Access Applications
Microsoft Office Access 2003 Inside Out
SQL Queries for Mere Mortals
http://www.viescas.com/
(Paris, France)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom