I mean . . . really ? (1 Viewer)

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:57
I was listening to Hannity today.

I caught a quick ditty that made me flinch. I've also heard this a few times before but I passed it out of mind, seeing as it is now on Hannity it seems this is now part of the media frenzy.

This is not verbatim, I am paraphrasing.

"If you tax the rich they're going to stop eating out on a regular basis, they aren't going to tip as much, they are going to stop buying "little" extras, that's really going to hurt the economy."

Maybe I'm crazy. But I'm pretty sure the economy doesn't run on the rich tipping, eating out and buying little extras. Which of us is out of touch?

Also, I don't know of many people who easily change their style of living just because they have to wait a couple extra days to save up the money to buy the solid gold, diamond crested remote control for their home movie center.

statsman

Local time
Today, 15:57
The rich may have to start buying domestic cars.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Statsman-

That reminded me of this:

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:57
Why would anybody with IQ larger than their shoe size take the slightest bit of notice of anything Hannity says??

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
hahahaha... if you tax the rich they will find another way to either legally avoid paying the taxes - or just not pay them until they are caught and then just pay a lump sum which looks good but is only a fraction of what their due is, not factoring in the cost of taking them through the courts for 5 years...

I was listening to Hannity today.

I caught a quick ditty that made me flinch. I've also heard this a few times before but I passed it out of mind, seeing as it is now on Hannity it seems this is now part of the media frenzy.

This is not verbatim, I am paraphrasing.

"If you tax the rich they're going to stop eating out on a regular basis, they aren't going to tip as much, they are going to stop buying "little" extras, that's really going to hurt the economy."

Maybe I'm crazy. But I'm pretty sure the economy doesn't run on the rich tipping, eating out and buying little extras. Which of us is out of touch?

Also, I don't know of many people who easily change their style of living just because they have to wait a couple extra days to save up the money to buy the solid gold, diamond crested remote control for their home movie center.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom