I now think B Obama is the best choice for America and the world (3 Viewers)

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:20
-dk

EDIT: I would make no distinction between this and when a set of parents couldn't afford new and better clothes for their kids for school, grandma and grandpa picked up the tab.
Only if the grandparents were around or wealthy enough to start with, most ordinary folk I suspect rely on hand me downs from friends other members of the family or charity shops, why couldn't Palin?:rolleyes:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:20
What happened to Sarah the populist? What happened to, I didn't need that jet so I put it on ebay, I didn't need a chef so I fired him? What happened to Mrs. "thanks but no thanks"?

If that were the REAL Sarah Palin, when they took her to Saks and Neiman, she would have said, thanks but no thanks. She would have told the RNC that it was IRRESPONSIBLE to spend 6 figures on clothes, when that amount of money could save the homes of SEVERAL people in foreclosure. She would have said, I can get 3 months worth of perfectly respectable campaining clothes at a regular department store for a few thousand dollars. Then she could have come out on the campaign trail and told the story of how she stood up to her own party who wanted to waste 150k on elitist clothing.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Today, 12:20
Regular people, regular people like me at least, wouldn't accept a 6 figure warddrobe if it was offered. That is an absolutely disgusting amount of money to spend on clothes, especially in light of the fact that she criticizes Obama for being "elitist". Since Obama is already "something other than what he was" according to you, does that mean he already owns outfits of that "caliber" costing 6 figures?

lol, but that doesn't detract from going against the Hollywood types that drop this kind of money on a shopping spree to attend a DNC function. That doesn't bar their entrance there at all. Sigh, the ole double-standard at work again.

I am sure those figures included costs for her family, too. Again, the press not concentrating on the issues but starting another smear to try and get it off of Obama. Funny they have to attack a VP candidate after they have said many times 'It's about who is on top of the ticket.' Who keeps distracting?

I don't know and probably would never know. The Dem's haven't released their figures about how much Biden, Obama's, Michelle's and the other family members outfits have cost. They also haven't said how much Biden's failed hair-plugs have costs.

Much like Obama's release of his 3 paragraph medical record summary by the DNC's doctor (not his personal) but yet they complain that Palin hasn't released hers?

In this sense, I am thinking who is being more transparent now that will translate to how transparent their government would be.

-dK

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
lol, but that doesn't detract from going against the Hollywood types that drop this kind of money on a shopping spree to attend a DNC function. That doesn't bar their entrance there at all. Sigh, the ole double-standard at work again.
Since when did Hollywood types represent America?:confused:

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Since when did Hollywood types represent America?:confused:

Evidently they think they do. They've held several fund raisers for Obama. If I recall corretly, they paid like 28k a seat at the last one to hear Streisand sing a song.

You've got Sean Penn right now hanging out with Hugo Chavez. I hope he isn't representing me.

-dK

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Evidently they think they do. They've held several fund raisers for Obama. If I recall corretly, they paid like 28k a seat at the last one to hear Streisand sing a song.

You've got Sean Penn right now hanging out with Hugo Chavez. I hope he isn't representing me.

-dK
They're not being elected to represent the electorate

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
They're not being elected to represent the electorate

I know, that's my point. There is no idea how he is presenting himself. By playing consipiracy theory, I would tend to think that Obama will give him an ambassadorship and he is already doing that job.

-dK

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time

I am sure those figures included costs for her family, too. Again, the press not concentrating on the issues but starting another smear to try and get it off of Obama. Funny they have to attack a VP candidate after they have said many times 'It's about who is on top of the ticket.' Who keeps distracting?

I don't know and probably would never know. The Dem's haven't released their figures about how much Biden, Obama's, Michelle's and the other family members outfits have cost. They also haven't said how much Biden's failed hair-plugs have costs.

Much like Obama's release of his 3 paragraph medical record summary by the DNC's doctor (not his personal) but yet they complain that Palin hasn't released hers?

In this sense, I am thinking who is being more transparent now that will translate to how transparent their government would be.

-dK

I don't get how you conflate completely separate issues.

You are bringing up the donors of the campaign. That has to do with WHERE the RNC GOT the 150k in the first place. It has nothing to do with the decision to SPEND that money on a lavish wardrobe for a woman that claims to be a populist.

If you want to look at the donors to each campaign and each political party, by all means do, there is is plenty to criticize on both sides.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
If you want to look at the donors to each campaign and each political party, by all means do, there is is plenty to criticize on both sides.

Kinda like where Obama is out there saying that McCain was trying to protect the brokers and not us when Obama received more money from the brokers?

OMG! We agree on something else! :D

-dK

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Kinda like where Obama is out there saying that McCain was trying to protect the brokers and not us when Obama received more money from the brokers?

OMG! We agree on something else! :D

-dK

Looks like you conveniently ignored the part of my post where I pointed out that the discussion of campaign donors has nothing to do with the discussion over Sarah Palin's extravagant purchases.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Looks like you conveniently ignored the part of my post where I pointed out that the discussion of campaign donors has nothing to do with the discussion over Sarah Palin's extravagant purchases.

I was returning the favor just as you ignored my thoughts about transparency in their styles. :D

I will go one further as to the question of who is Obama? Why won't he release his records from his community organizer days? Why won't he release his records from the law firm of where he worked? Why won't he release his medical records? Why hasn't he released his records from all of the colleges he attended?

Where is the transparency?

Consipiratorily thinking, I am wondering if he won't release his records from the universities because he was registered as a foreign student which would mean he wasn't (and isn't) a US citizen.

I don't know how true it is, but a tape is to be released that has his grandmother saying that she was there at his birth in Kenya. He flew to be with his grandmother when this rumor came up (or perhaps vice-versa to give the rumor more bite). Is this why he has flown back to be with his grandmother without his family?

If this is true, why is everyone excited about voting a foreigner into office?

Why won't he just be fully transparent as he promises to be in office? In my opinion, regardless if he is a foreignor or not, he isn't setting the example to make me believe anything he says especially when he changes his story to fit the current truth about his pattern of his past associations.

A little transparency never hurt anyone. That is, unless you have alot of skeletons you have to hide.

-dK

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Consipiratorily thinking, I am wondering if he won't release his records from the universities because he was registered as a foreign student which would mean he wasn't (and isn't) a US citizen.

I don't know how true it is, but a tape is to be released that has his grandmother saying that she was there at his birth in Kenya

But Americans here go to great lengths to explain that Bob Hope, Erryl Flynn, Russell Crowe, Charlie Chaplin are American when they were born outside the USA.

Surely if Obama was born in Kenya, he is still American - if you apply their wierd logic.

It seems people are American when they want them to be. How about Arnie - is he American?

Col

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:20
But Americans here go to great lengths to explain that Bob Hope, Erryl Flynn, Russell Crowe, Charlie Chaplin are American when they were born outside the USA.

Surely if Obama was born in Kenya, he is still American - if you apply their wierd logic.

It seems people are American when they want them to be. How about Arnie - is he American?

Col

I think you have to be born in America. Thus Bob Hope, Erryl Flynn and Russell Crowe could not become POTUS.

statsman

Local time
Today, 13:20

Col

If you were married to a nice English girl and you went to live in Kenya for a few years and you had a child there, what would the child's nationality be?
Under Kenyan law, it would be Kenyan.
Under British law, it would be British.

If an American couple were living in Canada or a Canadian couple were living in the States and they had children, under US and Canadian law the child would be a joint citizen. When the child turns 18 they have to choose.

In the old days of the Soviet Union, you could not renounce your Soviet citizenship. As a result, people who defected were tried in absentia and sentenced to 30 years imprisonment. On the other hand, you could be stripped of your Soviet citizenship and kicked out of the country.

Who said the law had to make sense.

If you choose to live permanently in another country and become a citizen of that country, that's your nationality. You may have been born somewhere else but I feel your choice should be respected.

In much the same way, Mohammed Ali was born Cassius Clay. He chose to change his name. After all this time, there are still people who refer to him as Clay and not Ali. Surely a man has the right to be called by the name he chooses to be called.

As for Arnie, he is a naturalized American citizen. He can't be President as US law says the President has to be a native born American. It would be interesting to find out if he could become Vice-President however (I don't know what the law is on that point). Would make for an interesting constitutional conversation for our US friends.

Last edited:

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
Based on my military experience and embassy duty, et al, my understanding that if you are outside the US on business for the US, then your child is considered a natural born US citizen. There is a gray area that covers if you are work-related business for a company based in the US and you term a child early.

-dK

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Surely a man has the right to be called by the name he chooses to be called.

I'd like to be called Sir but everyone I mention that to just tells me to piss off:mad:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
I was returning the favor just as you ignored my thoughts about transparency in their styles. :D

I will go one further as to the question of who is Obama? Why won't he release his records from his community organizer days? Why won't he release his records from the law firm of where he worked? Why won't he release his medical records? Why hasn't he released his records from all of the colleges he attended?

Where is the transparency?

I don't know how true it is, but a tape is to be released that has his grandmother saying that she was there at his birth in Kenya. He flew to be with his grandmother when this rumor came up (or perhaps vice-versa to give the rumor more bite). Is this why he has flown back to be with his grandmother without his family?

If this is true, why is everyone excited about voting a foreigner into office?

Why won't he just be fully transparent as he promises to be in office? In my opinion, regardless if he is a foreignor or not, he isn't setting the example to make me believe anything he says especially when he changes his story to fit the current truth about his pattern of his past associations.

A little transparency never hurt anyone. That is, unless you have alot of skeletons you have to hide.

-dK

So what do you think of snopes, or factcheck?
Are they also left wing biased liars?

You say you care about transparency, but you can't find a less transparent ticket than John McCain and Sarah Palin. You say you care about facts but you intentionally ignore any source that contradicts what you already believe. Well I am tired of arguing with you this week. Maybe I will regain my energy next week, or maybe not.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
... Well I am tired of arguing with you this week.

Esteemed apologies, then. I thought it was as discussion. Well perhaps next week you can find snopes and factcheck on the many questions I asked and you never replied to like the double-standard application, negative/positive news reporting ratio, etc... but here are the recent ones for starters for you to research -

Why won't he release his records from his community organizer days?
Why won't he release his records from the law firm of where he worked?
Why won't he release his medical records?
Why hasn't he released his records from all of the colleges he attended?

Just so I know something about the guy instead of the usual political campaign promises?

Have an outstanding weekend!

-dK

statsman

Local time
Today, 13:20
Filmmaker Michael Moore was on Larry King this week and made a few interesting points.

The first concerned Sarah's wardrobe and he pointed out that have the party pay for it was nothing new. Republicans never pay for anything themselves.

He went on to explain about how Republicans are against welfare, unless they are the recipiants. The whole bank bailout scheme is welfare for the benefit of Republicans. How many Democrats have seats on the stock exhange or own banks.

While I take everything Moore says with a grain of salt, the delivery was excellent and it was funny as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom