I now think B Obama is the best choice for America and the world (2 Viewers)

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:17
Alisa

I have agreed that the US has an insurance problem as the basis of its healthcare difficulties. The problem has increased because modern medical technology means people not only live longer but have more medical procedures available to them.

BUT, if you earn the income then it is no longer your problem. Why not do something about your income rather than waiting for an Obama to solve your problem.

Surely earning $250,000 and having $12,000 insurance costs is better than earning $40,000 and having $400 insurance costs.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:17
Alisa

I have agreed that the US has an insurance problem as the basis of its healthcare difficulties. The problem has increased because modern medical technology means people not only live longer but have more medical procedures available to them.

BUT, if you earn the income then it is no longer your problem. Why not do something about your income rather than waiting for an Obama to solve your problem.

Surely earning $250,000 and having $12,000 insurance costs is better than earning $40,000 and having $400 insurance costs.

If I could I would Mike, we can't all be as brilliant as you. :rolleyes:
We meaning me and the other 95% of Americans that earn less than 250k.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:17
If I could I would Mike, we can't all be as brilliant as you. :rolleyes:
We meaning me and the other 95% of Americans that earn less than 250k.

You don't need to be brilliant to earn higher income. In fact some people would suggest just the opposite.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 13:17

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:17
Re: I now think B Obama is NOT the best choice for America and the world

This is really scary but true - - - - -
You couldn't be a new lawyer with 143 days of experience and become a partner in my law firm.
You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.
You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143
days of experience of being a surgeon.
You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.
You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of experience.
You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.

But....

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of "experience" in the Senate.
That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.
After 143 days of work "experience," Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World .... 143 days. We all have to start somewhere. The senate is a good start, but after 143 days, that's all it is - a start. AND, strangely, a large sector of the American public is okay with this and campaigning for him. We
wouldn't accept this in our own line of work, yet some are okay with this for the President of the United States of America ?
Come on folks, we are not voting for the next American Idol!

I know many Lance Corporals I would trust over a Colonel. Buddy of mine did extremely well and ended up a Meritorious Lance. Pretty sure he did it under 143 days.

Oh, if we are going to talk McCain spending vs Obama spending. Obama has definitely outspent McCain 3 to 1. It's craziness. I pulled this straight from Dailykos

Obama McCain RNC
CO 825 (923) 597 (647) 83 (-)
FL 4,156 (4,330) 1,035 (1,154) 282 (-)
IA 402 (376) 445 (434) - (-)
IL - (-) 19 (1) - (-)
IN 1,476 (1,804) - (-) 457 (360)
ME 187 (154) 47 (37) 39 (82)
MI 415 (1,583) - (-) - (104)
MN 483 (560) 612 (531) - (-)
MO 1,110 (1,141) 557 (674) 123 (-)
MT 152 (173) - (-) - (-)
NC 1,119 (1,208) 998 (833) 340 (-)
NH 681 (470) 126 (118) - (-)
NM 342 (401) 250 (297) - (-)
NV 862 (878) 457 (416) - (-)
OH 2,031 (2,362) 966 (816) 698 (540)
PA 2,970 (3,337) 1,811 (1,780) 255 (425)
VA 2,877 (3,305) 326 (285) 342 (278)
WI 1,119 (1,189) 603 (622) 66 (196)
WV 79 (34) 45 (59) 46 (33)
Cable 4,062 (1,377) 45 (4) - (-)
National 5,669 (6,633) 76 (90) 7 (-)

Total 31,060 (32,242) 9,016 (8,800) 2,738 (2,498)

and apparently tables dont do so hot. The totals are what matter, 31 million to 9 million

Local time
Today, 12:17

Is that the shaving cream stuff incident? The stuff that was sposed to make it look like you just shaved but showed up on camera making him look like a thug?

-dK

No, it was the first televised debate. Before the debate, Kennedy had an aide go down and purchase some makeup which he applied. Nixon went natural.

Everyone thought that Nixon won the debate but he looked terrible. The rest is history.

Now every politician knows how important it is to look as good as they can, including hair, makeup, and clothes. It sounds like to me that Sarah Palin got caught with her pants down in that Newsweek cover and they've gone through every effort to make her family presentable.

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:17
It's winter, the poor people are starving and/or freezing to death driving the population down ;-)

statsman

Local time
Today, 13:17

No, it was the first televised debate. Before the debate, Kennedy had an aide go down and purchase some makeup which he applied. Nixon went natural.

Everyone thought that Nixon won the debate but he looked terrible. The rest is history.

Now every politician knows how important it is to look as good as they can, including hair, makeup, and clothes. It sounds like to me that Sarah Palin got caught with her pants down in that Newsweek cover and they've gone through every effort to make her family presentable.

The way I heard it was that Kennedy had just returned from a week in Palm Beach. He was tanned and didn't really need any makeup. When he refused it, so did Nixon (didn't want to look unmanly).
Nixon needed it. He was a twice a day shaver and his 5 O'Clock shadow was really showing.
Kennedy wore a dark suit which showed him off well against a light coloured backdrop. Nixon wore a gray suit that blended right in.
The odd thing is, most folks who watched the debate on TV thought Kennedy won. Most folks who listened to it on the radio thought Nixon won.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time

The way I heard it was that Kennedy had just returned from a week in Palm Beach. He was tanned and didn't really need any makeup. When he refused it, so did Nixon (didn't want to look unmanly).
Nixon needed it. He was a twice a day shaver and his 5 O'Clock shadow was really showing.
Kennedy wore a dark suit which showed him off well against a light coloured backdrop. Nixon wore a gray suit that blended right in.
The odd thing is, most folks who watched the debate on TV thought Kennedy won. Most folks who listened to it on the radio thought Nixon won.

It was clearly way before my time, I heard of the shaving cream cover up stuff from my PolySci professor. Anyhow, it was all about looks.

The funny thing about all of this is, I was watching CNN last night and they made this big hubbub about Palin's wardrobe.

One of the people said, "In an effort to convince hockey moms and people struggling with the economy, Palin goes on a huge shopping spree." They even went on to list what how much the spent at each store as a 'Oh, GAP only got $188 whereas these expensive stores got $30,000. That doesn't represent who they are going after.'

Then they brought the experts on and the experts said "It's legal." And then Anderson Cooper (who is the only one I respect) says, "We're just keeping them honest."

Essentially, it wasn't a story because there was no story there, but the fact that CNN spent 10 minutes on it to try and make a story out of it. It was an obvious attempt to put something on the air as a smear.

They could have spent that 10 minutes covering Bill Ayers or any other association of Obama (and not it's not about his past associations, its about his PATTERN of associations) like they did Joe the Plumbah going up his anal canal with a microscope.

But they won't because it would call their darling into question and they know they will find something peculiar about his PATTERN.

So much for the press.

-dK

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
It's in work ... I am too busy being distracted by CNN not talking about the real issues in their smear campaign. :rolleyes:

I am currently researching if people would knowingly let their daughters date a man who had past associations with criminals and radicals and exhibited a clear pattern to this effect.

-dK

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
It's in work ... I am too busy being distracted by CNN not talking about the real issues in their smear campaign. :rolleyes:

I am currently researching if people would knowingly let their daughters date a man who had past associations with criminals and radicals and exhibited a clear pattern to this effect.

-dK

I hope you aren't doing your research by watching CNN, not much hope of finding any real info there. Let me know if you need help finding good sources.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
lol .. thanks! I do pretty good to find some independant ones. :D

I was watching CNN because I like Anderson Cooper.

-dk

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time

It was clearly way before my time, I heard of the shaving cream cover up stuff from my PolySci professor. Anyhow, it was all about looks.

The funny thing about all of this is, I was watching CNN last night and they made this big hubbub about Palin's wardrobe.

One of the people said, "In an effort to convince hockey moms and people struggling with the economy, Palin goes on a huge shopping spree." They even went on to list what how much the spent at each store as a 'Oh, GAP only got $188 whereas these expensive stores got $30,000. That doesn't represent who they are going after.'

Then they brought the experts on and the experts said "It's legal." And then Anderson Cooper (who is the only one I respect) says, "We're just keeping them honest."

Essentially, it wasn't a story because there was no story there, but the fact that CNN spent 10 minutes on it to try and make a story out of it. It was an obvious attempt to put something on the air as a smear.

They could have spent that 10 minutes covering Bill Ayers or any other association of Obama (and not it's not about his past associations, its about his PATTERN of associations) like they did Joe the Plumbah going up his anal canal with a microscope.

But they won't because it would call their darling into question and they know they will find something peculiar about his PATTERN.

So much for the press.

-dK

CNN failed to capture the hilarity of this story, that is probably why you don't get it. This is better:
I saw the RNC statement on Gov. Palin’s $150,000 clothing bender on the RNC's tab. This caper is gonna make for a long day at the office for the good folks at the RNC/McCain press operation. Thought I’d offer a little help in a humorous vein; some other possible spin lines for the RNC.

1.) What you sneering critics in the liberal MSM fail to see here is… a Jobs Program! Saks floorwalkers, cashiers, a team of sweating porters to haul the merchandise from the store to the motorcade… chiropractors to treat those porters. Sarah Palin knows how to create jobs!

2.) What’s the difference between a Pit Bull and a Hockey Mom? You can feed a pit-bull for 483 years with 150 grand.

3.) Still cheaper than Mitt Romney’s hair products. We’re saving money here…

4.) William Ayres is a terrorist!

5.) New ad slogan: “Clothes for Gov. Palin? $150,000. Time machine to go back two months to late August and ask what the Hell were Schmidt and Davis thinking when they cooked up this idea and sold it to McCain? Priceless.”

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time
That might be the hilarity of it, the sobriety and purposely overlooked part of it is that she is just like you or anyone else because if she was something other than what she was - she would have already outfits of that caliber.

But since she was a regular person like you and I, then she had the normal drab we wear everyday to work and such that doesn't make for good television and obviously couldn't afford such, so the RNC bought them for her.

-dk

EDIT: I would make no distinction between this and when a set of parents couldn't afford new and better clothes for their kids for school, grandma and grandpa picked up the tab.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That might be the hilarity of it, the sobriety and purposely overlooked part of it is that she is just like you or anyone else because if she was something other than what she was - she would have already outfits of that caliber.

But since she was a regular person like you and I, then she had the normal drab we wear everyday to work and such that doesn't make for good television and obviously couldn't afford such, so the RNC bought them for her.

-dk

EDIT: I would make no distinction between this and when a set of parents couldn't afford new and better clothes for their kids for school, grandma and grandpa picked up the tab.

Regular people, regular people like me at least, wouldn't accept a 6 figure warddrobe if it was offered. That is an absolutely disgusting amount of money to spend on clothes, especially in light of the fact that she criticizes Obama for being "elitist". Since Obama is already "something other than what he was" according to you, does that mean he already owns outfits of that "caliber" costing 6 figures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom