IE 11 && Attachement.php (1 Viewer)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:21
So has there ever been a workaround to be able to download attachments using I.E. 11?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:21
What I have found is

If the attachment is a zip file, don't download, open the zip file and then drag the contents to your machine

If the attachment is not zip file, Excel seems to copy across OK, but for access, save as and rename the extension as .accdb/.mdb as appropriate - or once saved, rename the saved file. In both cases the file is called attachment, so you can rename this at the same time if required.

It is a bit of a pain, but other than images, I've taken to uploading all files as zip files

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:21
aha, so it is the actual file you are trying to download, except renamed for some doubious reason?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:21
I just put this site in compatibly mode and then download. Note, because they *fixed* IE you have to do it each time you come to the site.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I just put this site in compatibly mode and then download. Note, because they *fixed* IE you have to do it each time you come to the site.

Although I no longer have Access I was interested in this as I had had problems with other files, I not only found this works but that I do not need to keep doing it even after a system restart. I am on 8.1 and IE11.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Help states

Compatibility View

Compatibility View helps make websites designed for older browsers look better when viewed in Internet Explorer. If you choose to view a website in Compatibility View, as a convenience to you, Internet Explorer will remember this choice and use Compatibility View the next time you visit the site. You can clear the list of websites that you have chosen to display in Compatibility View by using Delete Browsing History in Internet Explorer or the Compatibility View Settings dialogue box.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
As usual, Help is wrong, at least in my case.

Oh you cynic! :D

Just to be certain I downloaded an mdb file this morning having had the laptop powered off overnight, no problem it is there in my downloads folder with the original name.

As I said I am on 8.1 and IE11 with all automatic updates applied but no optional.

Brian

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:21
My Downloads work perfectly as of a couple of days ago.

Before then I simply rename the PHP file with the correct name and extension. Or use Fire Fox.

RainLover

Local time
I just did a test on one only file.

No problems. It worked like it should do.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I'm no expert in such things and as I head through my 70s I prefer not to meddle too much and have left my security settings in default mode :)

I have seen sites that suggest changing security settings to overcome the problem so if you have tightened up maybe that would prevent you downloading accdb files however I would have thought that that would always apply whereas what you appear to be having a problem with is the lose of your compatibility view settings between sessions, would your security settings do this?

Brian

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:21
I stored no Temporary information, not even Cookies. So, the setting gets removed each time I close IE.

RainLover

Local time
This file is just for testing.

Attachments

• Accommodation.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Accommodation.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 167

RainLover