Introducing the local Day and Time addon (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:02
Not doing the Ancestry.COM thing, prefer to fly under the radar for now ty.;) Also don't like my TV's smarter then me! Or beer cans listening in.
local time.PNG
Not sure how helpful the time will be, only time will tell.⏳⌛

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:02
NG,
I briefly scanned your post#13 and misread/misinterpreted hodgepodge as hedgehog. But now that I re-read it, that's quite a variety without any creativity on my part.:)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:02
AB, I started it because I wanted to give my grandsons some information about family members. They don't have a way to know about their aunts and uncles and cousins because most of them don't live in the area. Otherwise I might not have started the project. But I have learned a lot in the process.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:02
Delta was "tickled pink" to learn that she was from one of the oldest families in south Louisiana. Among Cajuns, it is the equivalent of "coming over on the Mayflower" to New Englanders.

My brother and I spent years tracing our family tree. Turned up our great-grandfather and his family were well known stage performers at the end of the 19th century and travelled all over the Commonwealth. One of the daughters was a superstar in India. Our grandfather (from the third marriage) had told us nothing of this.

My wife started on hers and was almost immediately given the tree all the way back to a couple of convicts who were "transported" in 1799-1801. We don't know about the man but the 17 year old woman was literally convicted of stealing a loaf of bread which is the cliched reason for being transported. (It appears she actually took the whole breakfast setting including the tablecloth.) Initially sentenced to hang, the sentence was commuted to sixteen years in the colony.

They have their names on the founding families plaque at Darling Harbour in Sydney. They had ten children and the next two generations in my wife's line had ten children each. By the time the matriarch died she had 550 living descendants. My wife has a lot of cousins in Australia.

There is a saying from way back that there was a Davis behind every bush in New South Wales. A Davis was a member in the gang of our great folklore bushranger hero Ned Kelly. Like Delta, my mother-in-law was well impressed, as having convict ancestry is a badge of honour here.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:02
I just noticed this:

1584556286743.png

Someone from the future, perhaps?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
what's that spose to mean, Jon? SRI = SIRI, misspelled?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Could be part of someone's name, Adam, or could be initials. SRI as name or name part is rare, but then it DOES occur - for example, Sriracha, the hot sauce from Thailand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom