Is a favicon important for a website? (1 Viewer)

Sofiella

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:48
My husband and i want to start an online shoe-store. When it comes to branding, i have absolutely no clue whatsoever :rolleyes:
A friend was suggesting that i should create a favicon. My question is whether a favicon plays a major role on your website or not?

Last edited:

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 16:48
Important No, but it helps identify you. So do it.

Sofiella

Registered User.
Local time
Important No, but it helps identify you. So do it.
How does it help in identifying me? Can you kindly elaborate more. I would be super grateful! :)

Albert Dicosta

Registered User.
Local time
Favicon icon is very important for every website. Try to use. It's user as well as search engine friendly.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:48
The best favicon is the one that is all or part of your logo. It becomes *your* identifier like the *golden arches*, everyone knows what establishment that means.

That said, your friend is jumping the gun, before your *worry* about that you need to design your logo. Once your logo is designed you can use that as your favicon or some part of it.

lpapad

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:48
You need marketing advisor, for your business, if you don't understand marketing concepts.

stallonemanorresort

Local time
A favicon is a visual representation of your website and business, so users will identify with your brand based on the favicon you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom