Is love conditional (2 Viewers)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 03:52
Not sure what I wouild say Scott, if asked by someone who had lost a loved one. I don't think debating it with them would be of any use? Why are you asking me, I didn't make the assertion?

The question wasn't directed specifically at you but at the audience. But it is a discussion that I have had before, I believe on this forum. And then nobody could give me an answer other than the kind of response that Kevray just gave...

Answering my question with diversion...

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 22:52
The question wasn't directed specifically at you but at the audience. But it is a discussion that I have had before, I believe on this forum. And then nobody could give me an answer other than the kind of response that Kevray just gave...

Answering my question with diversion...

Based on the tone of your dialog it seems you are more intent on trying to prove someone wrong than to gaining insight on the topic. My guess is you will continue to be frustrated as I doubt you can no more prove your point(s) regarding faith than the poeple on the other side of the debate can prove theirs while using references of the flesh :)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
As soon as "faith" was brought into the mix, you cannot win the debate with someone religious. It's impossible. You cannot defeat "faith." They basically are believing in something without any basis of theoretical proof. Give it up. There's enough religious threads out here.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
As soon as "faith" was brought into the mix, you cannot win the debate with someone religious. It's impossible. You cannot defeat "faith." They basically are believing in something without any basis of theoretical proof. Give it up. There's enough religious threads out here.

You are right, Threads even tech threads take on a life of there own. It reminds me of the game we played as kids called wisper. Somebody whispered something to the next person and the last person to hear it was quite different. My original post was was not about if there is a God, or there is not a god. My orginal post was how the "IsGod" group view love as conditional or unconditional in their own life. Part 2, Where do the "Not god" group get there meaning of love.

KenHigg

Local time

Agreed, It’s like debating gravity or radio waves, who believes in any of that stuff ;)

'theoretical proof' :confused: - isn't that a contradiction in terms ?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:52

Boy Howdy: you said a mouth full there.thank you.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I am sure I opened a can of worms with my statements. My statements based on biblical principles that do rely on faith and the notion that God had created a perfect world until Man decided to turn away from God.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I am sure I opened a can of worms with my statements. My statements based on biblical principles that do rely on faith and the notion that God had created a perfect world until Man decided to turn away from God.

I agree, but I am glad that God hasn't called me to convince people that there is a god. :banghead:, (If I recall correctly I don't think the Bible tries to convince anybody there is God. It is more of a take it or leave it narrative.) He has called me to guide those that believe. I can well understand the non-believers, however, as I was one. Now some peoplle would also say that (Business Intelligence Analyst) is also a contradiction in terms.:D

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

God, and therefore religion, was introduced at post #1 , therefore it cannot be dismissed merely because it has become uncomfortable for those that talk of his unconditional love being challenged to explain why it is obviously so not the case.

At least Islam see its God as their master, and we all know masters can be nasty at times.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
God, and therefore religion, was introduced at post #1 , therefore it cannot be dismissed merely because it has become uncomfortable for those that talk of his unconditional love being challenged to explain why it is obviously so not the case.

Brian

This is a really twisted sentence Brian. What is the main point? Thats is ok to talk about it, or it makes people uncomfortable or that Gods love IS conditional or that there even is a God?

???

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Personally I think we are going to be very surprised when we meet the creator. I have a feeling he is not an old man resting on puffy clouds with his index finger pointed towards earth. He's probably about 3 feet tall, grey and spindly with giant oval shaped eyes. When we discover we are nothing more then a experiment in a petri dish called earth its going to give a new meaning to the word faith.

Everybody knows that God looks like Charlton Heston with a long white beard... :rolleyes: :p

Although I believe your explanation maybe closer to the truth... :eek:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time

At least Islam see its God as their master, and we all know masters can be nasty at times.

Brian

whoa, where did I mention God in post #1

Vassago

Local time
Agreed, It’s like debating gravity or radio waves, who believes in any of that stuff ;)

'theoretical proof' :confused: - isn't that a contradiction in terms ?

Not at all a contradiction in terms. Scientists have theories for a reason. They hate the word "proof." They consider a theory true based on overwhelming evidence that supports it, but it doesn't mean it's a fact. It can still be proven wrong. This is theoretical proof.

They don't have the luxery of "faith" as a guise for evidence. :D

Vassago

Local time

Brian

I meant the debate on whether or not religion is real. It's a waste of time, if we haven't proven so yet. :p

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
We have been told that God is above time and knows what is going to happen. so he must have known what was going to happen when he created is perfect world so why does he act all surprised about it.

Anyway according to Genesis, Adam and Eve only broke the rules because Eve was lead astray by Lucifer in the form of a snake. So if his creation was so perfect why did he create Lucifer

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I agree, but I am glad that God hasn't called me to convince people that there is a god. :banghead:, (If I recall correctly I don't think the Bible tries to convince anybody there is God. It is more of a take it or leave it narrative.) He has called me to guide those that believe. I can well understand the non-believers, however, as I was one. Now some peoplle would also say that (Business Intelligence Analyst) is also a contradiction in terms.:D

Hey I resemble that remark (my job title is Business Intelligence Analyst). You have to be intelligent to get the results they want, not that the results adds to their intelligence on how to run the organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom