Is this possible without 'Root'ing my Mobile? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 05:43
Hi All,
Good Evening. I have a Vivo U10 mobile. Recently I have purchased a 256 GB SD Memory Card for my mobile phone as it already is going out of memory. But unfortunately I have come to know that Vivo Mobiles doesn't support to act Memory Card space as Default Memory. All the links I am getting through the Google leads to root my mobile. Haven't done it before. Your insights are welcome. Please Help. Thank You.
With Hope,
Prabhakaran

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:13
Doesn't seem to be a question suited for an Access forum.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 16:13
I view watercooler as a venue for opinion presentations, more a social outlet, not a venue for solving a poster's tech problem.

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 09:13
Hi All,
Good Evening. I have a Vivo U10 mobile. Recently I have purchased a 256 GB SD Memory Card for my mobile phone as it already is going out of memory. But unfortunately I have come to know that Vivo Mobiles doesn't support to act Memory Card space as Default Memory. All the links I am getting through the Google leads to root my mobile. Haven't done it before. Your insights are welcome. Please Help. Thank You.
With Hope,
Prabhakaran
As far as I know, (it's true for SONY) you can't use a SD card as the main memory of a mobile.

You have to change your apps settings. For example you can change the settings of your mobile's camera to save the pictures on external SD card
Or you can set your download manager to use SD card for downloading files.
It is a per app settings.

When you first insert a SD card into your Android 6 and above, OS askes what you want to do with it. You can choose to use it as memory (which is RAM) or an external drive. If you choose Memory, it'll be used as RAM, and you won't be able to save files on it.
In either case, I've never seen Android use an external SD card as its main disk (instead of local installed disk).

I'd be glad if anyone can correct me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom