Joe Richardson (1 Viewer)

Joe.Richardson

Local time
Today, 13:12
I built my first application in 1984, long before Access, on an Apple III as part of a school project. No mouse or modern GUI back then, just a keyboard and a green screen monitor. We had to "design" the program flow by sketching it out on a 6-foot roll of paper. Eventually, I discovered Microsoft Access while working for a large insurance company in 1996 and quickly realized the value Microsoft Access had to a business. I worked as an Access Programmer for two other companies before launching becoming an independent Access consultant in 1999 by launching my own website. Between 1996 and 2020 I built more than 500 Access databases for companies across hundreds of markets. Over the years I constantly tested different methods to use an Access database online but all the options were either too expensive for most of my small business clients or the connections had very bad latency. About 4 years ago Microsoft made some fundamental changes that finally made running Access databases on virtual cloud computers a very productive way to run Access databases online and even build them as a developer. So, I decided to stop taking on Access projects, and instead my team and I now offer cloud computers to use Access databases online.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:12
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
Welcome aboard Joe!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:12
Hello, Joe, and welcome to the forum.

You will find many discussions regarding the abysmal record of cloud-based solutions on this forum. However, as you suggest, there ARE ways to make this work.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom