Local time
Today, 02:30
Was this on BBC?

Link

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 07:30
It would have been on all the news programmes, not just the BBC. The BBC's remit is to report everything and without bias. So, while nobody is really bothered, they do have people reporting on the goings on in Africa as the ambassador for Somalia visits his opposite number in Kenya, and all that jazz.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Of course, and other TV channels and in all newspapers.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Brianwarnock said:
Of course, and other TV channels and in all newspapers.

Brian

Do you think these are the 'extremist' Muslims that the media love to play off of or is this the way they all feel?

R

Rich

This is old news and has been discussed on this forum previously. Have you been asleep, or is it just the normal American behind the times scenario?:rolleyes:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
KenHigg said:
Do you think these are the 'extremist' Muslims that the media love to play off of or is this the way they all feel?

I would go with the former option.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Extremists which seem to exist in increasing numbers in the younger generations. Recently a moderate (normal?) muslim said that the more moderate elements are not giving enough leadership to the younger people. Unfortunately we cannot know the real truth of the situation as our knowledge is media based, tho' I guess that people in some areas of the country are more exposed to contact with other groups than I am.

Brian

KenHigg

Local time
Rich said:
This is old news and has been discussed on this forum previously. Have you been asleep, or is it just the normal American behind the times scenario?:rolleyes:

Sorry that I'm not online 24 hours a day like you - ;)

KenHigg

Local time
I was hoping you guys saw them as extremists as I did - :)

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
Seems like a resounding vote of non-confidence in their own God that they should threaten murder to protect Him. On the other hand, if you beat your dog long enough he's going to bite you.

What I'm curious about is to what degree are we creating Islamic extremism? Americans are apparently disturbed by huge numbers of Mexican immigrants, but are generally not sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians. In 1900 the Jewish population of Palestine was about 2%.

What if China and Russia supported Mexican terrorists in declaring an independent state in Southern California? Would violent opposition be justified? Why not when Britain, America, et al, support Jewish terrorists declaring an independent state in Palestine?

Another interesting obervation I heard a while ago: Osama Bin Laden's money comes form the sale of Saudi oil to the west. In this respect we fund both sides in the "War On Terror" where it's mostly Islamic people who die.

It doesn't burden my imagination to sympathize with Arab frustration. I think that to see the problem as theirs, in our democracies, is to be the problem.

KenHigg

Local time
California is already an independent state. ;)

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Yesterday, 23:30
China and Russia have prosposed a peace settlement to solve the Mexico/US California dispute. Mexico are willing to sacrifice themselves in the name of peace and honesty and give half of the occupied California back to the US. I think the US should accept this generous offer, in the name of peace and goodwill.

Personally I can't understand why the palestinians don't go for such a generous US backed israeli offer over palestine also!;) Unreasonable ba***rds!

Perhaps all theft could be solved if the theives offered to give half of it back?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom