Launch Access from scheduled tasks without interactive login? (1 Viewer)

dpelizzari

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:02
I have been searching the web for a solution to this problem. I have created a scheduled task on Windows 7 to automatically run a macro from a command line, however, it seems to only run when the user is logged onto the machine. Is there a way to run Access without the interactive logon? I would rather not leave the machine logged in with this account, but if that is the only solution, so be it.

any help is appreciated!

TJPoorman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:02
Do you have a server set up? If so you should be creating your scheduled tasks from the server admin, which should always be up.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:02
If it is not a windows server (I.e. it is Windows Home something-or-another), you might not be able to do this. However, if you could make it run as System and doing so would not hose your process to tears, that would work.

dpelizzari

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, TJ & Doc, this is on a business network, on a Win 7 Pro-64 machine (no server). So I guess the only solution is going to be to have a machine logged in all the time to run the process. Unfortunately, the security is pretty locked down, but I will give the "elevated privelege" option a try.

dpelizzari

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, yeah, should have mentioned, for some reason, Excel doesn't complain about being run this way, only Access. I have several Excel macros scheduled to run via vbscript, and they work just fine.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:02
What I do is leave the machine logged in but locked, so nobody can screw around with it.

dpelizzari

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, pbaldy, I was hoping to avoid that. I remote into the machine as it is 500 miles away (better LAN speed there to run this stuff).

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:02
One of the machines I have running automated processes is coincidentally about 500 miles away. I remote into it with either Remote Desktop or Teamviewer. For anyone onsite, it's a locked workstation they just know to leave alone. Mine has to be logged in anyway, because it handles incoming emails, so in truth I've never tried to have it run not logged in like you're trying to do. I do seem to remember hearing that Access didn't like to run that way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom