Listbox Column Size? (1 Viewer)

spinkung

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:42
Hi all,

I have a list box that displays 5 columns. The first four are ok, they only display short serial numbers etc. But the 5th is a desription of the item and i cant seem to get all the text to display in the column. The only way i can seem to do it is to have the list box go way off the side of the screen which is no use. Is there a way i can use something like a wordwrap in excel or make it so th elist box doesn't try to display the whole column and is 'free' scrolling.

hope that made sense.

cheers
spinkung

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:42
Hi there,

not sure about your actual question but I suspect not - sorry - but I wonder if the design needs to be re-considered?

A list or combobox, by its nature is for selecting an item from a list. If one of the items is of essay length and needs to be read in its entirity to decide whether that is the item to select, then it is probably the wrong way to go. Is there some other element of the data that can clearly identify the required record?

In my DB, the project title apears in a combobox to navigate to a particular project. These titles can run to dozens of words. For this reason I located the combobox to the left of the form and set its width to the right hand edge. Thus, when the drop down list opens you can see something like 15 words. If you can't identify the project from the first 15 words then this method of navigation is not for that user.

If you do need to see all the text in that field, maybe you should be using a form to review the list and navigate from that form to your target form which synchrnises with the current record of the form you navigated from?

Hope this is of help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom