Locherbie RIP (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
this whole scenario just smacks of 1930s Germany to me, AND Nostradamus did predict that the third world war would start in the East, AND the book of revelations does predict that the four horsemen will rise from the East. In the mean time, those of us in the west instist on burying our heads in the sand and quoting Political Correctness.:eek:
I could see some of your points up to this paragraph. If it was meant as an ironic joke, I aplogise for having missed it (still waking up).

Where is the similarity to Germany in the 1930s? If it's the whole appeasement(sp?) thing, I don't see that this is the same. Letting a potentially innocent man go home isn't the same as allowing someone to invade a country.

The writings of Nostrodamus and the story book of revelations are both b*llocks, so have no real bearing.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
I'm sure they'll end up as "art" in some Middle Eastern gallery. I actually seen the scrappage the day after it happened, it was not a pretty site.

Is it true the bodies were left for several days because of ongoing investigations?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Money to the IRA for guns,
I don't think the American government sanctioned that, at least not openly, and they certainly wouldn't have allowed their children to celebrate at the airport if Mr Adams flew in.

and arming the Taliban against the Russians are just two examples.
Not sure about that one.

Not at all. I was responding to the obvious suggestions that Ouma should be pacified because the convicted probably didnt do it anyway. I don't see how Ouma should be soothed by the argument that their judicial system knowingly accepted a 'patsy' who has now been released for 'oil'.

These are the scenarios put forward by others to which I am responding.

And you are so right Danny I won't be pacified by the obvious. I want to know why that Gadaffi bloke thinks it's ok to flaunt this in our face. I want to get a hold of the person who was flying the saltire at the airport and throw him/her from a plane. I want appeasement for the shame I feel at seeing my flag flying in such a situation. It's not about who is guilty and who is innocent it's about an entire nation giving us the one finger salute when our blessed first minister just thought he was doing the right thing, the little arse that he is.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 10:43
If the authorities are able to pinpoint exactly who did a serious crime through DNA evidence, then maybe capital punishment should be brought back.

Society is too lax on punishment of crime.

Col

I think I agree with you for the first time :p..... I think one of the many reasons we have so much crime is our lack of consequences for commiting crimes.

FluffyKitten

Jumble Bunny
Local time
And you are so right Danny I won't be pacified by the obvious. I want to know why that Gadaffi bloke thinks it's ok to flaunt this in our face. I want to get a hold of the person who was flying the saltire at the airport and throw him/her from a plane. I want appeasement for the shame I feel at seeing my flag flying in such a situation. It's not about who is guilty and who is innocent it's about an entire nation giving us the one finger salute when our blessed first minister just thought he was doing the right thing, the little arse that he is.

It was MacAskill who set him free, not Salmond

FluffyKitten

Jumble Bunny
Local time
Is it true the bodies were left for several days because of ongoing investigations?

I dont think so. im sure we'd have heard about that. that sounds terrible :eek: the would never stand for that in the uk.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 08:43
Its fairly common in murder cases to leave the body in situ for a number of days. In this case I dont know , but it wouldn't surprise me.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time

First I heard of it. Aparently they were still there 12 hours later, I don't know for how long though. I did hear, from a friend who was involved in the investigation, that many of the bodies were still in their seats and the force had ripped the clothes clean off them. Also, there was a bottle of whisky that survived, unscathed!

It was MacAskill who set him free, not Salmond

You think he acted alone? Wakey little kitty...

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 10:43

Ouma, I wish that the world was just, that there were clear delineations between right and wrong, and that people would behave the way they ought towards one another. I am sorry that you are made to feel this way.

FluffyKitten

Jumble Bunny
Local time
First I heard of it. Aparently they were still there 12 hours later, I don't know for how long though. I did hear, from a friend who was involved in the investigation, that many of the bodies were still in their seats and the force had ripped the clothes clean off them. Also, there was a bottle of whisky that survived, unscathed!

You think he acted alone? Wakey little kitty...

Oh wow! i had no idea.

I never thought about that but i guess your right they would both have to discuss it.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Not at all. I was responding to the obvious suggestions that Ouma should be pacified because the convicted probably didnt do it anyway. I don't see how Ouma should be soothed by the argument that their judicial system knowingly accepted a 'patsy' who has now been released for 'oil'.

These are the scenarios put forward by others to which I am responding.

If Ouma is outrages that an guilty man is welcomed home as a mass murderer. The belief that he is innocent, and was welcomed home by people who proclaim him as such clearly should be a soothing.

Gaddafi - didnt say welcome home - good work for bombing the plane, he welcomed him home and proclaimed his innocence. (Gaddafi junior at least).

To pretend otherwise, is to take offense at something which has not actually occured, ie an open celebration of a mass murderer.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Part of the overall problem is the lack of western mindset to accept that capitol punishment and dismemberment works for a larger proportion of the worlds population. Why do we allow the persons who do such crimes to get away with a pampered life, give a fair trial and put an end to it and move on. A life sentence should not be counted in years until a release date or a natural death. Make it short and end it with death.

The celebration of Lybia's so called hero is tragic to view in our eyes. A lot of the trouble is also point of view. One sides hero is another sides villan.
Our point of view is no different. Media spin on this propaganda supports this point of view and also is rooted in popular movies. The movie hero who flies his warplane into the emenys encampment killing all the persons including himself would be a suicide bommer in the eyes of the encampment's relatives.
It is a sad state of affairs but that is how the human race wants to balance the population. Sadly these sort of events of innocent people being bombed, blown up, shot at, knifed, butchered, etc are common place in some parts of the world.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
If Ouma is outrages that an guilty man is welcomed home as a mass murderer. The belief that he is innocent, and was welcomed home by people who proclaim him as such clearly should be a soothing.

Gaddafi - didnt say welcome home - good work for bombing the plane, he welcomed him home and proclaimed his innocence. (Gaddafi junior at least).

To pretend otherwise, is to take offense at something which has not actually occured, ie an open celebration of a mass murderer.

OK, but lets presume for a moment, just for a moment, that the man convicted actually was guilty. What the hell is going on with Scottish law when it says that a convicted murderer can be freed to be with his family if he is diagnosed terminally ill? Why do they presume that their morals will automatically be upheld by a convicted murderer (regardless of who he is, even if he had merely murdered some wee wifie on the way home from the chippie to get money for drugs). So, they think, my government, that just because someone's doctor has given them a death sentence they will go home and die quietly? No chance that same druggie will find some other wee wifie to murder for yet more drugs because, well, what the NHS supplies him with doesn't do much but dull the pain...

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Part of the overall problem is the lack of western mindset to accept that capitol punishment and dismemberment works for a larger proportion of the worlds population. Why do we allow the persons who do such crimes to get away with a pampered life, give a fair trial and put an end to it and move on. A life sentence should not be counted in years until a release date or a natural death. Make it short and end it with death.

Absolutely! And, as already stated in this thread, DNA can prove who did it, if the proof is conclusive why should tax payers have to keep them? If we insist on imprisoning people for wrong doing, at least let them work their passage.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
OK, but lets presume for a moment, just for a moment, that the man convicted actually was guilty. What the hell is going on with Scottish law when it says that a convicted murderer can be freed to be with his family if he is diagnosed terminally ill? Why do they presume that their morals will automatically be upheld by a convicted murderer (regardless of who he is, even if he had merely murdered some wee wifie on the way home from the chippie to get money for drugs). So, they think, my government, that just because someone's doctor has given them a death sentence they will go home and die quietly? No chance that same druggie will find some other wee wifie to murder for yet more drugs because, well, what the NHS supplies him with doesn't do much but dull the pain...

If I beleived he was guilty and was welcomed home by Libya and proclaimed a hero for his guilt, I would be similarly outraged.

But that doesn't seem to be the case.

The argument above, is an argument for never letting anyone out anytime, which for some offenses I could agree with if guilty.

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
If I beleived he was guilty and was welcomed home by Libya and proclaimed a hero for his guilt, I would be similarly outraged.
Good, so we agree then ;)

But that doesn't seem to be the case.

The argument above, is an argument for never letting anyone out anytime, which for some offenses I could agree with if guilty.

OK, so I got side tracked a bit. What can I say? I'm female, I do these things, you're male, you forgive me :D

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
belief that he is innocent, and was welcomed home by people who proclaim him as such clearly should be a soothing.

Not at all. It is the credence of the Scottish authorities that is at point here.

Stemming from the proposed belief that he was obviously innocent:

1) They knowingly convicted an innocent man.

2) By doing so they made no sincere attempt to bring the true culprits to justice.

3) They use a convicted 'murderer' as a bartering tool for trade.

4) The Libyan state ignored requested diplomacy and used the entire event as an opportunity for state propoganda.

In what way is this comforting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom