Making a filterable form (1 Viewer)

jason2885

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:59
I need to be able to use a query to be the basis of a form. I need to make a form that will be selectible when I choose for instance name and area it will just show me that particular one but when I choose area and company it will show me all the companies business in that specific area.

There are about 5 different criteria that I need to be able to change. Do any of you have any idea how to do such a think. I think a multitude of combo boxes will be necessary but Im not sure how to do it.

I want all the data for that entry to be displayed in a subform I guess.

Thanks

jason2885

Registered User.
Local time
Yes that is a good example but I need to be able to filter using multiple combo boxes. IE I have a combo box for the name of the thing and then one for the contractor one for the area and when I select contractor A and Area 3 it will show me all the records for that particular area.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The principle is the same, regardless of the type of control. The basic premise behind the sample is that you can choose as few or as many fields to filter on as you want. If you study how the code does that, you can adapt it to your multiple combo boxes.

jason2885

Registered User.
Local time
Is there anyway to do it without coding. Also I dont know if this make a difference all of the information is in one query.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom