Maradona Dead (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:29
Sad news today that Maradona has died. One of the best footballers that ever lived. R.I.P.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Yes he did have a skill almost as good as George Best, just a shame that Maradona was a crackhead and a cheat.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:29
I'm going to presume that Maradona was a player of the game you guys call football but we Yanks call soccer?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
He was. He is widely acknowledged as being in the top 4 of the best players of all time, which include in no particular order: Messi, Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, recognize the name Pele. I have since seen an article about him. RIP, Maradona.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
He was. He is widely acknowledged as being in the top 4 of the best players of all time, which include in no particular order: Messi, Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona.
I disagree politely. George Best was the first 'superstar' footballer in the UK and bear in mind at that time in the 1960's there was no pressident for him, no agents, he made his own way, OK, he succumbed to the adulation, money and fame but his skill was undeniable and is equal to those you mentioned who have an entire team of advisers to guide them. I had the privilege to see George play in a cup game and was unbelievable, the other players were totally bewildered by his skill.
Yes, Maradona was good, he was a cheat but did display undoubted skill.
Just my opinion, not a troll.
Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Funnily enough, I have never been to a live football match. You were lucky to see George Best play. Although I also disagree, he was undoubtedly one of the greats.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I've only been to two. I saw Bristol City play Spurs in the cup around 1964 ish. Jimmy Greaves, Martin Peters et al. Then I saw Man U in London in 67ish play Chelsea when I lived in London. I'm surprised you haven't popped in to see the Seagulls play.
Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I am a Manchester United fan and would love to see them play. Doubt it will ever happen.

Well, I used to live in Brighton but don't anymore. It was only in my last year of living in Brighton that they built the stadium, I believe. Before then, they had to go to Gillingham or something because previously, the directors bankrupted the club and so they didn't have their own ground. They had to sell it. Or at least something like that happened.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am one of those people who likes to watch a few sporting events on TV, but I have not attended that many "live" events. I have seen one college USA football game, Tulane Univ. vs Texas A&M Univ., back when Dad was still alive. He and I also attended a hockey game while we were visiting the Washington, D.C. area. That night, the Washington Capitols defeated the Chicago Blackhawks. I watched some World Team Tennis League matches when I was dating a particular woman whom I didn't marry because she smoked like a foundry and I just couldn't take it.

Now in this age of pandemic sports, so few people get to go into stadia that a ticket is like the Willie Wonka Golden Ticket. So I guess I will miss out on live sports again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom