Mountain Duck (2 Viewers)

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 07:16
I just downloaded the trial and looking over all the options.

And being able to connect directly and not via the host.
And how do you do that?

Just trying to figure out how to use it right now so that more than one of us can connect to the same cloud source. I don't have a usable dropbox connection but I have google drive. I got locked out of dropbox when my email address changed. Very upset with them.

1644590897145.png

Is that windows user name or just what user are they talking about? I have a different user account name at work than at home and I assume all of our usernames are different, so how is this going to work? Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Attachments

• 1644589935010.png
    1644589935010.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 68

Mike Krailo

Local time
Another thought. Why don't we just share the temporary license key from the trial version?

Code:
%username%\AppData\Roaming\Cyberduck\mrTWMuf5-0a002700000a.mountainducklicense

Only thing I'm wondering about is the ONE user limitation, which implies that it is looking at the windows username. I hope I'm wrong.

Mike Krailo

Local time
i've already used it on my two laptops.
Can you confirm with two different windows usernames? And also, was this using the trial license or did you purchase a license already? If so, could you share the type of license purchased please?

I did miss read your previous post about doing the test 5 license purchase. I thought we were only doing one seat.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:16
And how do you do that?
right now, I don't know :rolleyes: But for it to work commercially the dropbox/whatever containing the BE needs to be available to any user, any time and not reliant on the hosts machine being available. You can share dropbox in this way, but may not be able to connect to it via mountain duck. So part of testing

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 04:16
This seems like an intriguing approach. Any progress on implementing it?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
think we have three 'investigators' at the moment, looking for two more - buy in price circa $30/head for 5 licences.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Actually, I can't count - think we are there

@arnelgp
@CJ_London
@NauticalGent
@Mylton
@Uncle Gizmo

Think we first need to establish mutually agreeable timescales when we can communicate
then agree what we are testing for - broadly - will access work with FE located on multiple users local machine and BE in one drive/googledrive/whatever
then devise some co-ordinated tests
then implement and record the results.

@arnelgp - since you made the find and have some experience - are you happy to be 'project leader' on this?

Suggest at least initially we communicate via this thread. May get some feedback from others, and others may want to follow.

One of the things I'm not clear about - if we have out 5 seat licence - can I then link into arnel with his single licence, or only via the 5 seat licence?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Willing to kick in some $ if needed, the time zone is of no consequence either since I work from home. Eager and excited to put this through its paces - just tell me what you need me to do!

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:16
you need 1 more, i already have a single license.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ok so the answer to 'can I then link into arnel with his single licence, or only via the 5 seat licence?' is yes?

I f can get one more, I guess we will find out!

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
ok so the answer to 'can I then link into arnel with his single licence, or only via the 5 seat licence?' is yes?

I f can get one more, I guess we will find out!
If you are saying that you still need someone to chip in a few quid and help with this then I'd be willing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom