movies movies movies (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
Probably my favorite "makes you think" but very entertaining movie was The Wind and the Lion. It probably also qualifies as "most likely you never heard of it". :p

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 08:56
Probably my favorite "makes you think" but very entertaining movie was The Wind and the Lion. It probably also qualifies as "most likely you never heard of it". :p

That's one of the first Sean Connery movies I ever saw. I vaguely remember the plot now though as I was pretty young. Maybe I should watch it again. :D

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I've never seen Serenity, but from the huge cult following that it has, I apparently should.

Serentiy is quite good. Of course it helps a bit if you see the TV series Firefly (that the network messed up, they ran the episodes out of order) first.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 07:56
1. I didn't have any friends to do anything with.

boblarson had no friends? that can't be true...:rolleyes:

if anyone wants a movie and they can't find it...i have 853 of them on my desktop. :D and they all work too! AND...i can burn them to cd's too!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
comming from the guy that banished me into outerspace. go back to banishing spammers :rolleyes:

He's not the only one that agreed to you being banned. It's something the members of the staff here discussed before it was decided.

Don't worry, there will be rules explaining the conduct all members and moderators are expected to adhere to posted very soon. This should shed some light in how the staff operates so everyone knows it's not just a one man job or that only one man's decision is what matters.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Feel free. But just in case this answers it first, here you go.

Ah, okay, that answers it. I always found that movie to be pretty interesting. And I have often repeated the line "There's no crying in (fill in the blank with whatever activity)" to much laughter.

ajetrumpet said:

That's not very nice. Plus, you're running that eye-rolling smilie into the ground.

ajetrumpet said:
if anyone wants a movie and they can't find it...i have 853 of them on my desktop. :D and they all work too! AND...i can burn them to cd's too!

Is that on 1 HD? That must be a massive HD.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
He's not the only one that agreed to you being banned. It's something the members of the staff here discussed before it was decided.

Don't worry, there will be rules explaining the conduct all members and moderators are expected to adhere to posted very soon. This should shed some light in how the staff operates so everyone knows it's not just a one man job or that only one man's decision is what matters.

do some of you people manage this forum as a fulltime job? man, you can't escape the politics anywhere anymore. i just wanna hibernate in my room :(
Is that on 1 HD? That must be a massive HD.
they're ~500-600MB per movie. Unfortunately though, burned DVDs directly onto the HD take up ~6GB per movie. That's absolutely riduculous. And yes, it's a big HD, but nothing if you play online RPGs. it's only 700GB. isn't the terabyte out now? how much is that? 1000gb? I can't keep track of that junk, nor do i really care.

and i guess it matters how fast the processor is too. the home machine has two AMDs i think, and they're something like 1.8GHZ a piece. or maybe more, heck i don't even know. where do you find that info at anyway!?

Last edited:

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:56
One movie we watch a bit is The Sea Wolfes - True story about sinking cargo ships in Goa Harbour, India. - bit of history as well.
Gregory Peck, David Niven, Roger Moore, Trevor Howard, Patrick Macnee.

Nothing like a True story to go with a great movie.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:56
I thought Tremors was pretty good myself.

Erm so did I :confused:

ajetrumpet said:
they're ~500-600MB per movie. Unfortunately though, burned DVDs directly onto the HD take up ~6GB per movie. That's absolutely riduculous. And yes, it's a big HD, but nothing if you play online RPGs. it's only 700GB. isn't the terabyte out now? how much is that? 1000gb? I can't keep track of that junk, nor do i really care.

It's not ridiculous tbh that's how big video is - did you know without compression a standard definition film is 88Gb per hour? A terabyte is 1024Gb btw (not that you care ;))

ajetrumpet said:
and i guess it matters how fast the processor is too. the home machine has two AMDs i think, and they're something like 1.8GHZ a piece. or maybe more, heck i don't even know. where do you find that info at anyway!?

Start > run > type dxdiag hit enter.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
Agree, why not? some of the greatest films were made in black and white and not just 'old films' what about Young Frankenstein, one of (if not the best) the best Mel Brooks films?

Blazing saddles was by far the better:p

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Lost Boys would be one of my favourite movies.

Somehow it recaptures the good feelings of being a teenager again when I watch it , right from the opening sequence of them driving into town, with Echo and the Bunnymens version of People are Strange playing in the background.

It also has one of my favourite quotes - "Read the TV guide - and you dont need a TV"

Adam Caramon

Local time
Erm so did I :confused:
:confused: Try one of these maybe?

/agree
I concur with your prior statement.
Yes, I also like that movie.
Oh right, I didn't even think about that one, but when you mentioned it, I was like, oh yeah, that one.
*nod head in agreement*

Pauldohert said:
Lost Boys would be one of my favourite movies.

Very good movie.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
The second place movie, based on times viewed, would have to be the movie "Stripes" with Bill Murray. What a funny movie. Loved it. Saw it in the theatre about 98 times.

I think my favorite Bill Murray movie is Scrooged and this scene from Caddyshack.

mitchem1

Registered User.
Local time

Do you have a film called "Breaking Away"? It it my all time favorite. I have it on VHS but haven't been able to find it on DVD

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Blazing saddles was by far the better:p
Blazing Saddles was brilliant. I also liked The Producers (Springtime for Hitler and Germany):)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom