Solved Multi select issue after implementation cascading combobox (1 Viewer)

ahmad_rmh

Local time
Today, 03:15
My datasheet form check box selection is working normal before filter of data but as I filter data through cascading combo boxes the datasheet check box is not making multiple selections.

kindly suggest the solution.

The db file is attached herewith.

Attachments

• Cascading Combo-Check Multiple Selection.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 89

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:15
the solution is to put the code in your subform current event in the combo after update events instead. No code required in the subform

Last edited:

ahmad_rmh

Local time
the solution is to put the code in your subform current event in the combo after update events instead. No code required in the subform
but how I will apply filter in datasheet form with each combo box.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You assign the sql using

mysubformname.form.Recordsource = “select….”

no need for the requery

ahmad_rmh

Local time

Thanks CJ, 🌹 ❤️ 🌹 got the solution as you had given the hint.

The solved db file has been attached herewith.

Attachments

• Cascading Combo-Check Multiple Selection.accdb
    996 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't believe in providing a full solution except occasionally to a complete newbie OP. I prefer to show 'how to fish', rather than providing the fish.

ahmad_rmh

Local time
I don't believe in providing a full solution except occasionally to a complete newbie OP. I prefer to show 'how to fish', rather than providing the fish.

Yep, as you commented " how to fish", it's improving my skills.

CarlettoFed

Local time
Today, 02:15
The first thing to do is learn how to manage the properties of the various table fields and in particular:
  • Size (if the type is Text, don't always leave 255 set (this is to limit data entry to what is strictly necessary)
  • Required (if set to yes, it does not allow saving the record if the requested data has not been entered)
  • Allow zero length (must be set to No if data is always required)
  • Indexed (set to "Yes (no duplicates allowed)" when you want a field value not to be entered more than once and therefore unique
  • Index Management
Control, beyond the ID field, to avoid duplication of records because before moving on to creating the forms and then any reports, it is necessary to have a definitive efficient database structure.
In the attachment you will find a version where you can filter by Category even if you have not selected any Entity and a cleaner code.

Attachments

• Cascading Combo-Check Multiple Selection.zip
    84.7 KB · Views: 89

ahmad_rmh

Local time
The first thing to do is learn how to manage the properties of the various table fields and in particular:
  • Size (if the type is Text, don't always leave 255 set (this is to limit data entry to what is strictly necessary)
  • Required (if set to yes, it does not allow saving the record if the requested data has not been entered)
  • Allow zero length (must be set to No if data is always required)
  • Indexed (set to "Yes (no duplicates allowed)" when you want a field value not to be entered more than once and therefore unique
  • Index Management
Control, beyond the ID field, to avoid duplication of records because before moving on to creating the forms and then any reports, it is necessary to have a definitive efficient database structure.
In the attachment you will find a version where you can filter by Category even if you have not selected any Entity and a cleaner code.

Thanks Carletto, got the idea through query reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom