Multiple Pilvot Tables on Sheet - Moving them (1 Viewer)

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 06:08
Multiple Pivot Tables on Sheet - Moving them

I have inherited a workbook that has been ingrained in the culture at my new job that has 3 Pivot tables on a worksheet. Sometimes the top PT grows to be large enough to push into the second PT and an error occurs stating that you can't overlap PTs. The same is true for the second going into the third. The solution has been to call someone in our group to add rows beneath the PT, refresh, delete the unnecessary rows because they only want 1 row between the PTs.

I suggested moving them to their own sheets, but that is not acceptable.

I can move the first PT around using:
ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard TableDestination:=Cells(NewRow, 1)

but I can't get to the other PTs on the sheet.

I've tried all sorts of different variations on this to no avail, so I am turning to you folks for some help.

Thanks

Last edited:

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:08
Howdy. Are these created using VBA? If so, that might be the way to solve it, because you can assign it to be placed anywhere on the worksheet.

Or another thought might be to have them spread by many rows (far more than necessary), and rather than deleting the excess rows, just create a custom view in which the extra rows are hidden.

I won't be able to help until Tuesday. Someone else may give you what you need.
________
Mercedes-Benz C111

Last edited:

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 06:08
Hey Shades,
Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately these are not created using VBA. I tried the route of re-creating them in the locations in need them,in VBA, but it takes forever for them to load.

My fix for now is to have the extra rows and delete them. Hiding them is a good suggestion, but there surely must be a way of moving them.

And thanks to all who have looked at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom