Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:10

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:10
Islam's intransigence makes them incredibly dangerous. Since they cannot accept criticism, they INVITE criticism. It is human nature. Winston Churchill was clear in his dislike of Islamic practices.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 01:10
There is no love one another principle going on there.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I had previously posted this video in the thread "Fox News - Reliable Source?". The overarching theme here is that Sweden, the rest of Western Europe, and the US are "destroying" their cultures.

Islam's intransigence makes them incredibly dangerous. Since they cannot accept criticism, they INVITE criticism. It is human nature. Winston Churchill was clear in his dislike of Islamic practices.
As a follow-up. Islamic nations formally designate Islam as the nation's religion. Under that "legal" (theocratic) authority, other religions such as Christianity are figuratively "put to the sword". Consider this atrocious footnote in history as one example: "Hagia Sophia: Turkey turns iconic Istanbul museum into mosque". The entire Western world has shamefully turned it's back on both Chriatianity and Judasim in the Near East. While it is considered, in Western culture to be humanitarian to "accommodate" people of different religious persuasions, the Islamic culture does not reciprocate. Given that, Islam may continue to push further into Western Europe and even the U.S.

Last edited:

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 14:10
Islam's intransigence makes them incredibly dangerous.
People keep criticizing Moslem but nobody asks why a political leader burns a religion holly book and starts a rally and invites others to burn more.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
People keep criticizing Moslem but nobody asks why a political leader burns a religion holly book and starts a rally and invites others to burn more.

It is an aspect of Freedom of Speech. You might wish to consider something said by Winston Churchill over 100 years ago.

The treatment of women under Islam is unacceptable to any civilized country that has ANY concept of civil rights.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
People keep criticizing Moslem

I agree with you that burning a religious symbol is offensive.

Many would also be similarly upset if the Bible, Stars & Stripes, Union Jack were burnt. Indeed, some may be so offended as to resort to violence, or even murder, and I suspect that has happened on occasion.

It is NOT good, NOT acceptable that such symbols are defaced. Unfortunately, it is allowed and a nasty, uncouth minority do it to provoke.

However, it is not acceptable for the offended to resort to violence.

KitaYama

Local time
I really didn't expect this reply. Specially from a wise man like you.

It is an aspect of Freedom of Speech.
Burning a holy book is not speech. It's deed, action or whatever you call it in English.
And when a political party's leader asks his follower to gather on a specific date to burn more holly books, it's a movement.
It's declaring war on Islam. Me and you are ashiest. It's our choice. But I believe our Freedom of Speech doesn't give us the right to burn Bible, or call for a gathering to burn all Qurans in the town just because we don't like its contents.

The treatment of women under Islam is unacceptable to any civilized country that has ANY concept of civil rights.
Are you trying to tell me it's fair to Burn Quran because the treatment of women under Islam is unacceptable?

Rapists have parental rights in seven states.
Sexual consent cannot be withdrawn in North Carolina.
In Michigan, a wife must obtain her husband’s permission before she can cut her hair.
A woman can be fired for a period leak in Georgia.
In North Carolina, a woman cannot withdraw consent and call subsequent actions ra**.
Women cannot wear sleeveless tops or dresses to Congress.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
PPeople burn the book because they believe the teachings are hateful. I can't pretend to be a scholar but I think the "abuse" of women is more a function of Sharia law rather than the Kkoran (((my capital k is not working. Even spell check doesn't fix it. Also the letter that should follow the fi is not working) However the parts about killing Christians and JJews and homosxuals are there.

I dislike the practice and I also dislike the burning of flags.

I would also point out the hyprocasy of the Muslims chanting death to America and burning our flag while objecting to the burning of the koran.

And Yes, we have a lot of really bad laws on the books and for some reason, the Congress' that passed them don't seem to have the will to repeal them.

Looks like it's not my keyboard going flaky, it's the fourm.
ForumErrors.JPG

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Changing the theme didn't work. The problem seems to be with Chrome.

AngelSpeaks

Local time
Kita, burning a book, even a holy book, and burning a country's flag is offensive and is not a war on that religion or country, it is freedom of speech. If the USA treated the burning of our flag to be declaring war, we'd be in a constant state of war. The laws that are mentioned, maybe still on the books, but if someone was arrested over them, lawsuits would be flooding our courts.

KitaYama

Local time
Kita, burning a book, even a holy book, and burning a country's flag is offensive and is not a war on that religion or country, it is freedom of speech. If the USA treated the burning of our flag to be declaring war, we'd be in a constant state of war. The laws that are mentioned, maybe still on the books, but if someone was arrested over them, lawsuits would be flooding our courts.
My use of the word "War" didn't mean a real war. I meant a conflict 0r something of the sort.
I don't insist on my beliefs, but I don't really think it's correct to push all the blames on them.

Let me ask you something. If a very high American politician asks people to gather and burn all Bibles found in a town and they actually do it, what does Vatican think? Do they think this behavior as freedom of Speech?

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But I believe our Freedom of Speech doesn't give us the right to burn Bible, or call for a gathering to burn all Qurans in the town just because we don't like its contents.

Actually, it does. It is the ultimate statement of disagreement with the principles exposed in that book. You might also have to take into account that as an atheist, I judge a book by the hatefulness of its contents regardless of anyone's claims of "holiness." To me, NO book is holy. To me, saying the Quran is a holy book is actually a smoke screen. Those people who take to rioting in the streets are people who DARE NOT question the nonsense offered within that book's pages. They are brainwashed zealots who riot because if they didn't, they would be exposed to ideas that they don't want to contemplate, which is to say that their upbringing in Islam was based on lies about Allah or Muhammad.

Because of Sharia, the Quran includes mandates to kill certain classes of people. First, those who are apostate as in atheist, Christian, or who are "weak" or non-practicing Muslims. Second, those who are homosexual or who are bisexual. Third, those women who are accused of adultery, and they are specifically called out to be stoned to death. Apostasy, sexuality, and adultery are NOT valid reasons to kill a person. The Quran promotes a Dark Ages or Middle Ages mentality that is centuries out of date and so radically unforgiving that it leads to atrocities. Things like Female Genital Mutilation are not merely condoned, but prescribed for "frisky" young women. The ones who get frisky enough are buried up to their waist and then used as target practice for a rock-throwing party. In the Dark Ages, we understood brutality. But in the 21st century there is NO excuse for such barbaric treatment. My step-daughter, who is gay, would have been killed long ago (after her same-sex marriage).

I apologize, KitaYama, because I started to rant a little. You don't deserve that and it is not directed at you. But I won't erase it because it is important for you to know why I take the stance that I do.

I myself would not burn the Quran because I know the difference between a book and person who is totally a slave to a hateful religion. But if that kind of violence ever occurs around my home, I WILL protect my family for as long as I can. I've got enough ammunition to send a few religious extremists to see their maker. The folks in Sweden are finding out just whom they have allowed into their country and what kind of mistake it was.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@KitaYama I happen to agree with your position. Burning religious books and symbols and national symbols is a bridge too far. But disrespectful as it might be, it is a freedom of speech issue. I was dismayed when flag burning became legal in the US and that opened the door to clothing made out of flag images which I also don't like.

Our political class is at war with Christianity.

The Vatican went woke long ago. I think they're at war with Christianity.

But even in this "freedom" loving country where you can burn bibles and American flags, you can't burn Korans or Iranian or Russian flags with impunity because we're hypocrites.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I really find it quite strange the level of offence and hate caused by Elon who wants to give everyone a voice. I always thought that a certain political party was heavily opposed to any form of oppression. Yet here we have the same side repulsed by the very lifting of that oppression. Does holding these two conflicting values not cause a short-circuit of the mind? What kind of values do you need to believe that your voice can be heard, but not others?

KitaYama

Local time
Hi KitaYama, who is the leader that promotes this?

Sunday's violence in Norrkoping came after Rasmus Paludan said he planned to hold a rally there. However, he never showed up in the city.

In a statement posted by his far-right, anti-immigrant Stram Kurs (Hard Line) party, Paludan said he cancelled the rally because Swedish authorities had "shown that they are completely incapable of protecting themselves and me".

Protests against plans by Stram Kurs to burn the Quran have turned violent in Sweden before. In 2020, protesters set cars on fire and shop fronts were damaged in clashes in Malmö.

KitaYama

Local time
But I believe our Freedom of Speech doesn't give us the right to burn Bible, or call for a gathering to burn all Qurans in the town just because we don't like its contents.
Actually, it does.
Then nothing to discuss. We differ on the core of our beliefs.
It seems you can not respect others because they are wrong. Me? I believe everybody deserves to be respected. I don't believe in Bible or Quran. But I try to respect these books because others believe in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom