#Name on only one computer (1 Viewer)

Amileaux

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
We are using Access 97. A text box on a form contains the following in the control source:
=Ucase(Mid[txtSiteCLLI],5,2)

This works fine on three computers that use this form for input. On the fourth computer the #Name comes up in the text box and the function refuses to work. I looked at her references and they are as follows:

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 8.0 Object Library
Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library
Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library
Microsoft Active X Data Object 2.1 Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft VB for App Extensibility

I have tried to start with a clean form (on her computer) - placed a text box on the form with =Mid("Dummazay",5,2) in the control source and the following error message pops up - not even letting me leave the field.
"The Function you enterd can't be used in this expression ...." I went to the microsoft web site to look up this error - I can't find a match at all.

Any thoughts as to why Access would not recognize a function that all other computers are okay with? This person has Office 2000 with Access 97 as an additional load. Thank you. Marie

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
Have you made sure that each computer has all of the same Windows and Office updates applied?

The error you describe usually comes about by a problem with the Comctl32.ocx file. It could be that the computer in question doesn't have the same revision of this file.

Amileaux

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
boblarson said:
Have you made sure that each computer has all of the same Windows and Office updates applied?

The error you describe usually comes about by a problem with the Comctl32.ocx file. It could be that the computer in question doesn't have the same revision of this file.

Well - I'm impressed. How do you know that and how do I research what is on her computer? Even if you don't answer - thank you! Marie

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:14
I'm not sure which operating system you are using, but in Windows XP, the file is located under C:\Windows\System32\comctl32.ocx and if you right click it (in WinXP) it will give a version tab. Not sure with other Operating Systems.

R

Rich

You have a missing reference, if you search here the topic comes up on a regular basis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom