NASA Study Indicates Antarctica is Gaining More Ice Than It's Losing - (2 Viewers)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
I'm a bit puzzled by an off-the-cuff remark by Elon Musk. He said that current aviation technology limits the height that an aeroplane can fly. My understanding is that this is because there is less oxygen for the engines at higher altitudes. The other issue would be that you would need a stronger fuselage to keep the occupants at at a comfortable pressure. (More weight)

Elon indicated that a propulsion system based on electricity would enable aeroplanes to fly at much higher altitudes and gain significant efficiency from travelling through the much thinner atmosphere.

I just can't imagine any engine design based on electricity that could replace a jet engine though, that's my problem with Elon's comment.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
This is a highly controversial YouTube video. It quite rightly attacks both the climate change gang and the big business manipulators. I don't understand why the news services haven't picked up on some of the exposé in this video and and brought them into the light.

The video also surprisingly from a staunch climate change activist, practically dismisses the carbon dioxide increase as being the main issue.

They are just not letting the public see the actual information and data, both sides are manipulating it to their advantage.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:13
This is a highly controversial YouTube video.
Can't be that controversial, YouTube allowed it. They have a very heavy censorship along with facebook and others. It must fit some agenda or else it would be gone.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Just when you thought COVID-19 crisis has put climate change on hold.
But wait shes back and for once I agree with her. Greta is starting to get pissed that she is being used like an old Kleenex by the global elites.

1593359886618.png

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 10:13
Wow!! We're so good, we are scewing up everything and not just our planet...never underestimate the destructive power of mankind!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I can appreciate the attitude that the "jury is still out" on the question of climate change,
The jury isn't "still out" on climate change. The climate of the Earth is in a constant state of change. That is probably the only thing all the scientists actually agree on. The dispute revolves around whether or not humans are the proximate cause of climate change. Logically, I don't know how anyone can say that we are because we have 4 billion years of climate history and humans have only been around for a miniscule part of that time and yet the climate was constantly changing.

Humans are certainly responsible for all the pollution we see. Once we recognized the damage we were doing to our immediate environment, we started correcting our ways. It's been a long journey and we've had a lot of successes. For example, the sky over Los Angles isn't a constant sickly shade of green, you can swim in the Hudson these days, and the Monongahela isn't in danger of catching fire again any time soon, but there are still parts of the world where people don't have clean drinking water and have much shorter lifespans due to environmental pollution. I think China is building dozens of new coal plants every year. The pollution in large Chinese cities is so bad that their residents wear masks when they go outside. I think the Chinese know enough to clean up their act and yet they don't and no one seems to have the cojones to call them out on it except Trump.

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 22:13
I am getting insights in this thread. Thanks for sharing your brainy comments :)

s we advance in technology, nature, and its inhabitants suffer. Balance is not maintained. Humans are not contented. Sometimes we think that all the things that we least expect to happen, like the Coronavirus, are nature's way of getting back at us.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:13
Some people will obviously never understand the difference between climate and weather.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Deadly Texas winter storm leaves millions without power amid frigid temperatures

Texas electric grid operator says frozen wind turbines are hampering state's power output: report

One weather event neither proves not disproves "global warming". The significance of this event is that Mother Nature will eventually overwhelm so-called "solutions". "According to the Energy Information Administration, renewable energy contributes nearly 1/5th of the net electricity generated in Texas." It is unclear as to how much of the "renewable energy" sources has been taken "offline" by the weather. The article does note that: "The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) told the Austin American Statesman that roughly 12,000 megawatts of Texas' wind generation capacity had been hampered as of Sunday due to frozen wind turbines. However, they also noted that unfrozen wind turbines are spinning at a higher rate than expected, helping to offset the losses." The net loss resulting from the weather that can be attributed to renewable energy sources failing is not fully known at this time. Nevertheless, the significant point is that there must be a variety of energy sources with surplus capacity to supply energy when those one in lifetime adverse impacts hit.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
When wind turbines freeze and solar panels freeze your ability to generate electricity falls significantly. Also as you put solar panels into the desert the panel effectiveness falls.

The Biden Administration’s plan to banish fossil fuels is a greater existential threat to Americans than climate change.

1613490121084.png
1613490227167.png

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
We have friends in Texas who have been without power for a couple of days, they have to run their car in order to charge their phones! Fossil fuel to the rescue.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I notice that when it is very hot, there is a plethora of media commentary about these temperatures being evidence for global warming, but when it is freezing, they fall silent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom