New from Eugene, Or (1 Viewer)

MarksTRSS

Local time
Today, 06:08
My name is Jill and I'm a co-owner of Mark's Towing & Roadside. I am in charge of everything that has to be done in the office. For the past 8 years, my filing system has been considered an "Archeological Dig".

A couple months ago, I was asked (kinda semi politely) to do something different so that others didn't have to sift through 4 stacks of papers to locate an invoice that may be within 4 inches (give or take) from the top (or bottom) of the pile. I was told to check out Access (I'm an Excel user... what could be so different?) Well... instead of getting in to that long story, we will just end it there. Other than the hair pulling mistakes that I created, I am officially addicted to Access for anything and everything.. I am at a stump on a few things, but I will get there.

I really don't ask questions for help, so I use my time to read and learn.. Most of the time, I find questions somebody else has asked that pertains to my issue, and my problem(s) are usually solved. So, "hello" everyone, and I promise not to be a pest :)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Jill. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:08
Hi, Jill. I've been to Oregon. Beautiful country scenes, and a bit more vertical than my home of south Louisiana.

May I suggest that if you are looking for some interesting articles, one of our members named Uncle Gizmo has posted some videos to help people who learned Excel flat file methods but wanted to make the transition to Access and its multi-dimensional approach.

MarksTRSS

Local time
Hi, Jill. I've been to Oregon. Beautiful country scenes, and a bit more vertical than my home of south Louisiana.

May I suggest that if you are looking for some interesting articles, one of our members named Uncle Gizmo has posted some videos to help people who learned Excel flat file methods but wanted to make the transition to Access and its multi-dimensional approach.

Thank you so much! I will definitely check that out...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Jill! We took a road trip through your area last year and I'm happy to say didn't need your services. :p

MarksTRSS

Local time
Welcome Jill! We took a road trip through your area last year and I'm happy to say didn't need your services. :p
Thank you... and to reply that it's always good news to hear (or read in this case) of services not needed! Stay safe in your travels through Oregon.. the deer, squirrels and lately, spiders in vehicles have teamed up to see which is better at creating the most accidents...lol

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Eeek! Spiders in vehicles? My wife will never go to Oregon again. ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Spiders? Yowee! But I guess it is not that much worse than having a crawfish migration across Interstate 10 and having folks do a slip-n-slide on the crushed carapaces and crawfish guts. (I actually saw that once. Drove VERY CAREFULLY through it.)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yuck, but been through something similar. Driving from Nevada to Idaho, we went through a Mormon cricket migration. Didn't realize it at first, but the road was red (they are reddish). I thought at first is was tree bark or something that had blown off a truck, until I realized they were moving. Same situation, the road can get very slippery. I felt bad, but there's no way to avoid them, and it went on for a few miles.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Most of the time, I find questions somebody else has asked that pertains to my issue, and my problem(s) are usually solved.
I think what you'll find is that this place is full of content, so you'll find a solution to almost any problem Access has to offer if you look hard enough by searching this place.
So, "hello" everyone, and I promise not to be a pest :)
there are NO pests here. and there's no such thing as a stupid question, unless of course you're a GoDaddy Level 1 agent! LOL. :p

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:08
Welcome to AWF.
"I really don't ask questions for help, so I use my time to read and learn."
There are several varied articles in the Database Planning and Design link in my signature that may be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom