New member (1 Viewer)

Bloss

Local time
Today, 19:56
Hi all,
I'm self taught and use MS Access 2007. Working for a community of elderly Religious Sisters in Australia I've created a database of the Members of the Community.
This eliminates the need to weed through confusing and often incomplete paper records which are stored in a variety of boxes and folders. I really enjoy the challenge of creating better systems but am still 'stumbling around in the dark'. I don't understand some of the technical terms used in the responses to these forums but I'm keen to learn. Looking forward to learning from you all.

I continue to be 'a work in progress' 🦋

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56
Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:56
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:56
Hello, Bloss, and welcome. If at any time you come across something you don't understand and the "great Google brain" doesn't help, ask here either in the "General" or "Database Design" sections. General is more likely to be best for most "what is it" questions.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Welcome, great perspective! Good to have you here at AWF

FrankD

Local time
Today, 09:56
I'm Frank from Belgium and I'm a freelancer (maintenance-industry) - not a programmer.
All that I have done and learned in Access was by searching on the internet, and trying and trying again until's it work.
For my own company (very small) I've used for about 6 years MS-Access to follow up my bookkeeping.
In view of that, I have some questions about financial reporting.

sanders777

Local time
Today, 10:56
Hi. I'm Luc. I'm here to make my life easier without doing routine processes.

VzqCrs

Local time
Today, 04:56
I am basically self-taught and have used MS Access for years, however, my current job requires it more than others. I'm having to use more complicated processes so I may be talking to you all a lot.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I am basically self-taught and have used MS Access for years, however, my current job requires it more than others. I'm having to use more complicated processes so I may be talking to you all a lot.
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

mike7352

Local time
Today, 03:56
Hello. I inherited a 17 year Access database and am learning on the fly. I have questions related to OLE Automation that I look forward to getting answered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom