Obama Adminstration Finally Acknolwedges That They Lied About Health Insrurance (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 03:18
Finally, after years of stonewalling, the Obama administration acknowledged today that not everyone would be able to keep their health insurance policy. Everyone won’t keep health care plan under Obamacare, White House admits

Even more damaging, NBC news, which tends to be blindly endorse Obama, reported that "Obama administration has known that for at least three years." That people would be losing their health insurance policies, yet Obama failed to disclose that knowledge.

The White House acknowledged for the first time Monday that President Obama’s oft-repeated promise that everyone can keep their health-insurance plans under Obamcare just isn’t true.

For more than three years as he worked to pass the Affordable Care Act and encouraged people to enroll, Mr. Obama routinely pledged that people could keep their doctor and their plan if they liked them.

“If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period,” Mr. Obama said in June 2009. Later that year he proclaimed, “Nothing in our plan requires you to change what you have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just to toss this in, as another long term item that Obama has stonewalled: EDITORIAL: ‘Raising debt limit is a sign of failure’

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government’s reckless fiscal policies. Over the past five years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion. That is ‘trillion’ with a ‘T.’ That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next five years, between now and 2011, the president’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

The national debt, in October 2013, just passed 17 Trillion dollars. Since being elected Obama changed his tune and now refuses to address deficit spending and even dissed various proposals to reduce deficit spending. By the time Obama leaves office in 2016, the National debt is projected to exceed 20 Trillion dollars.

Seems that the American public has elected a President who has failed to be "transparent" and "above politics".

Last edited:

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 08:18
Have you only just realised that politicians lie everytime they open their mouths..

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 00:18
It is amazing how unpopular Obama's administration is when just a short while ago he was popular enough to be elected...

...for health care you could always go north to Canada and apply for refugee status on the grounds that the current US government is dangerous to your health and welfare because of the policy to limit or withhold medical treatment.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
... for refugee status ...
Amazingly Belize, of all places, has been running ads on TV touting the desirable living conditions down there. I have wondered if the unstated real purpose of these ads was to suggest that Belize would be open to "refugees" from the US.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Finally, after years of stonewalling, the Obama administration acknowledged today that not everyone would be able to keep their health insurance policy. Everyone won’t keep health care plan under Obamacare, White House admits

Have you bothered to look up the minimum standards required of the Affordable Care Act?

The point of the legislation is to protect the current health system from unpaid costs by the uninsured. That means a limit on the deductible on the policy.

The line of that limit has to be drawn somewhere. If the deductible on your $50.00 per month policy doesn't meet that line then it's part of the problem.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Obama has repeated over and over that you would not lose your insurance, that you can keep your doctor, etc. The ACA is the creation of the Obama administration, as such, the Obama administration knew "minimum standards required of the Affordable Care Act". Having known that (for at least three years) they should have disclosed that some people would be losing their insurance. After all, Obama asserts to be a "transparent" President. Disclosure of these facts would have been the responsible action.

Yes, the point of the legislation (as you point out) is to protect the health care system from those who don't pay into the system. Nevertheless it is totally unacceptable for the President of the US to lie to the American people. Does lying justify any action? I think not. We supposedly elect Presidents under the assumption that they are telling us what they intend to do, not on who makes the most outrageous lies. We have elected a President based on lies, not honesty. The ACA has been "sold" by the Obama administration to the American people as "bait and switch".

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Glenn Kessler, the fact checker for the Washington Post, gave Obama four Pinocchios for misleading the American public. Obama’s pledge that ‘no one will take away’ your health plan.

@dan-cat, Kessler does state: "Moreover, it’s certainly incorrect to claim, as some Republicans have, that people are losing insurance coverage. Instead, in virtually all cases, it’s being replaced with probably better (and possibly more expensive) insurance.".

I still have issues with that; getting "cancelled" and being forced into a "replacement" plan (that may be more expensive and even if better) is not keeping "your health plan" and does not reflect the promises that were publicly made by Obama.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:18
What I can't understand how many kool-aid drinkers still support him. If i was lied to and for that long period of time, that would be it for me. He has not a glue on what is going on and that is suppose to be his job. How much more does it take to foll you guys?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:18
I didn't vote for him either time. All I can say is that I'm glad he can't have a third term.

Anything else would probably be a bit too cruel for me.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
After the next election I will give it 6 months maximum before a majority of Americans say "I did not vote for him/her"...

I didn't vote for him either time. All I can say is that I'm glad he can't have a third term.

Anything else would probably be a bit too cruel for me.

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:18
cpc, I thought you guys in CA love this guy we have in office

cpc

Registered User.
Local time
cpc, I thought you guys in CA love this guy we have in office

I lament how such a beautiful State can be so screwed up!! Unfortunately there are only a few packets of us left to fight the good fight. :mad:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I lament how such a beautiful State can be so screwed up!!

A sad corollary to that. It seems like half the population of Nevada now is made up of ex-Californians who moved here to get away from the high-cost, high-regulation environment in California. However, they are turning a historically conservative state into a liberal one. They vote for the same policies they left California to get away from. :banghead:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A sad corollary to that. It seems like half the population of Nevada now is made up of ex-Californians who moved here to get away from the high-cost, high-regulation environment in California. However, they are turning a historically conservative state into a liberal one. They vote for the same policies they left California to get away from. :banghead:
Very sad. We used to live in Nevada ourselves. Can't understand how Reid was ever elected.

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Can't understand how Reid was ever elected.

Because of Vegas, and more recently Reno. Because of its population, he could win Vegas convincingly and not get a vote in the rest of the state and still win. If you look at a county map from the 2012 election, Clark and Washoe (homes of the 2 largest cities for those not familiar) are red, the rest of the state is blue.

Stroud1977

Registered User.
Local time
Surely the bigger picture is that most Americans will now be able to have affordable Health Care. Is that not a good thing?
Seems mean spirited to not want your fellow Americans to not go bankrupt if they get ill.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Surely the bigger picture is that most Americans will now be able to have affordable Health Care. Is that not a good thing?
Seems mean spirited to not want your fellow Americans to not go bankrupt if they get ill.
So wrong. Obama used deceit over a three period in a massive "bait and switch" scam. Obama has repeatedly claimed to be "transparent" and "above politics". When one lies and uses deceit to sell someone something, something is clearly wrong. If the ACA were really good, it would be selling itself. The people are not flocking to sign-up. Clearly they see through the scam. As the ACA is being implemented it has been fraught with incompetence and political manipulation, which seems to be demonstrating that the ACA will not making health care affordable (except for those who qualify for a subsidy, which means increased taxation for others.).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom