OBAMA WINS (at last) (2 Viewers)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 15:59
Nope. But by the same token, you can't create a democracy just by removing a dictator.

Not much freedom of choice if there is a limit on who you can chose.

Iraq and Afghanistan could be solved quickly if they let Monsanto supply a load of RoundUp to spray the poppy fields and give each person in the countries a sack of RoundUp Ready grain :eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:59
Not much freedom of choice if there is a limit on who you can chose.

Iraq and Afghanistan could be solved quickly if they let Monsanto supply a load of RoundUp to spray the poppy fields and give each person in the countries a sack of RoundUp Ready grain :eek:

American business cronies of GWB don't want Iraq solved. They have too many lucrative rebuilding contracts handed out by GWB. The longer it goes on, the longer the corruption and backhanders swing in their favour.

Sod the numbers of Americans and British killed there - they're making millions and millions and that's worth every life lost. Who cares about some soldier from Iowa killed in Iraq? - nobody near the White House that's a fact.

Obama will be the same, once he has his finger in the pie the USA will stay in Iraq and more will be killed needlessly (except that Obama will be making millions out of it like GWB has)

Col

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:59
Obama will be the same, once he has his finger in the pie the USA will stay in Iraq and more will be killed needlessly (except that Obama will be making millions out of it like GWB has)

Col

I tend to think that each politician is about as corrupt as the next, but the one thing I can say for Obama is that he has not been corrupted yet. GWB was corrupted when he was about 2 days old, so I think you are being overly cynical here.

Local time
Today, 17:59
I tend to think that each politician is about as corrupt as the next, but the one thing I can say for Obama is that he has not been corrupted yet. GWB was corrupted when he was about 2 days old, so I think you are being overly cynical here.

I guess you don't count Obama's lying as corruption, then?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

We'll see shall we?

Once (or if) he gets in, he will be an easy target for the big businesses and powerful multi-nationals. He won't have much choice but to go along with things or the millions of dollars party funding and freebie gravy trains that US politicians enjoy will dry up.

There's one main God in the USA and that's money.

The second God in the USA is the gun of course, then the SUV is third. Forget 'the Father, Son and Holy Ghost' it's money, guns and cars in the USA.

Col

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
I guess you don't count Obama's lying as corruption, then?

I'm not sure what you are alluding to here. But no, a generic "lie" is not exactly the same thing as the kind of corruption I was talking about, which involves doing political favors in exchange for money.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Once (or if) he gets in, he will be an easy target for the big businesses and powerful multi-nationals. He won't have much choice but to go along with things or the millions of dollars party funding and freebie gravy trains that US politicians enjoy will dry up.

If you had said that a year ago, I would have agreed with you. But a year ago, nobody thought it was possible to raise enough money to run a political campaign in America without taking special interest money. He not only ran and won his primary campaign without special interest money, he also raised more money than had ever been raised before for a primary campaign. So I reserve the slightest bit of hope that he really is different than the others . . .

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
American business cronies of GWB don't want Iraq solved. They have too many lucrative rebuilding contracts handed out by GWB. The longer it goes on, the longer the corruption and backhanders swing in their favour.

Sod the numbers of Americans and British killed there - they're making millions and millions and that's worth every life lost. Who cares about some soldier from Iowa killed in Iraq? - nobody near the White House that's a fact.

Col

Hey Col did you catch the Panarama program on this yesterday 11/06/08

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7438372.stm

Brian

Local time
He not only ran and won his primary campaign without special interest money, he also raised more money than had ever been raised before for a primary campaign.

That means only people who really think Obama is the right man to lead the US gave money? Terrifying, isn't it?

It gives me an idea for a new Lemmings video game.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
That means only people who really think Obama is the right man to lead the US gave money? Terrifying, isn't it?

It gives me an idea for a new Lemmings video game.
:confused:
Whats up with all this inuendo? First you allude to some unspecified lie by Obama, now you are trying to make some sort of implication (not sure what exactly) about people who support him, why don't you just say what you want to say?

Local time
I don't really have time to go into all of Obama's lies. But specifically, I was referring to his waffling on The Rev. Jeremiah Wright (which even got me thinking about his lies in the first place). That was right out in plain sight where all of us could see it for what it was. I assumed you agreed since it was so clear and you didn't say anything about it before.

Also, I'm wondering why it matters to you whether I say what I mean or not? I think the statements I made speak my opinion quite clearly. Just as I think the posts you make speak your opinion quite clearly.

statsman

Local time
Today, 18:59
We'll see shall we?

There's one main God in the USA and that's money.

The second God in the USA is the gun of course, then the SUV is third. Forget 'the Father, Son and Holy Ghost' it's money, guns and cars in the USA.

Col

That would make it a Holy Trinity. It's a start. :p

statsman

Local time
I did - and it backs up the Fahrenheit 9/11 film by Michael Moore. The White House and Senate and Pentagon are riddled with corruption.

Col

As are Downing St., Westminster and Whitehall.
Perhaps they are just better at hiding it in the UK.

statsman

Local time
It is likely the US will be facing an economic recession by the time Election Day rolls around.
If that is the case, the average voter will be worried about his or her job, not about the colour of a candidate's skin.
The focus will shift to whichever candidate has the better economic platform.

CraigDolphin

GrumpyOldMan in Training
Local time
Today, 15:59
George. What 'lie' did Obama make in reference to Jeremiah Wright?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
I don't really have time to go into all of Obama's lies.
Well, either there are a lot of lies I don't know about, or you are REALLY pressed for time.

But specifically, I was referring to his waffling on The Rev. Jeremiah Wright (which even got me thinking about his lies in the first place). That was right out in plain sight where all of us could see it for what it was. I assumed you agreed since it was so clear and you didn't say anything about it before.

Waffling and lying are two different things. If you think he lied about something, why spend two posts alluding to it, and still not say what this lie is that you are so upset about it? As far as the Jeremiah Wright thing, we aren't voting for Jeremiah Wright, and I am pretty sure Wright won't be offered the VP spot, so who cares what he thinks anyway?

Local time
George. What 'lie' did Obama make in reference to Jeremiah Wright?

Said (emphatically) that JW was never like that (a hater) in all the x years he worshipped with him. Fact is, JW was always anti-american and anti-white and proudly announced it from the pulpit frequently. When he finally went crazy in public, Obama could no longer pretend he didn't think JW was AA/AW. Remember all the press (not just the conservative ones) were reporting on this and how this inconsistency in Obama's story (i.e. lie) might hurt him. It didn't.

Sorry guys, but if the white church candidate x went to in the '60s had had a preacher who was a known KKK Grand Dragon and preached as such from the pulpit, it would be a lie for candidate x to say he wasn't. etc. etc.

I honestly don't have time to enumerate Obama's lies. The data is out there. Read his book, read his interviews, they are inconsistent.

Local time
Waffling and lying are two different things. If you think he lied about something, why spend two posts alluding to it, and still not say what this lie is that you are so upset about it? As far as the Jeremiah Wright thing, we aren't voting for Jeremiah Wright, and I am pretty sure Wright won't be offered the VP spot, so who cares what he thinks anyway?

You have your opinion and I have mine. I don't have time to educate you.

Many conservatives and liberals think Obama's a bald faced liar. One of my most liberal friends is gonna vote for McCain because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom