Odd e-mail problem (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:56
Today I happened to check an old free e-mail account that I no longer use as a primary recipient. I have a paid account and have been using that for a while. However, when I checked my profile today, the old e-mail is there. Prior to the switch to Xenforo, my e-mail notices were going to the paid account. Now they are going to the free account.

I tried to edit the stored e-mail in my own profile - and it wouldn't let me. I put in the new correct e-mail, put in my password, and it said "already in use." There is nobody else on the forum who WOULD use that e-mail account and I don't see another place than the profile details where my e-mail would be listed. The one it shows me is wrong.

SO to compound matters a bit more, it won't let me start a conversation with Jon to see about how to correct this problem.

First, to whom should I send a message regarding fixing the e-mail issue?

Second, has anyone else noticed that their "notifications" are going to an older account that you hadn't used lately and didn't think was in use?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:56
I reported your post which should call Jon's attention to it. I haven't heard of that happening, but that doesn't mean it hasn't. I've used the same address for quite a while, so it probably wouldn't have happened to me anyway.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56
Doc, just send me an email with the details. I've changed a setting so people can send me PM's now.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:56

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom