Question Ole Field MS Access 2007 - Power point Object (1 Viewer)

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:02
I recently upgraded from MS Access 2003 to MS Access 2007. In the database I had a table that had an OleObject field that I used for PowerPoint presentations. When you opened the table you could right click on the oleObject field and either open or edit the presentation. When you opened the table in datasheet view the ole field would show “Microsoft Presentation” or”Microsoft Word “ or whatever.

After installing MS Office 2007 and I clicked on the OLE field my only option was to open (show) the presentation, there was no option to edit the presentation. I was storing the presentations in a field in a database and with Access 2003 I could open and edit the presentations as needed. ( I already know the best way to have done this would have been to link the presentation instead of embedding it – I don’t need anybody saying “I told you so”)

I have essentially lost all of my presentations because I can no longer edit them. After playing around with Access 2007 I figured out that you could insert an existing power point presentation into you OLE field but after you insert it the field shows “Package” instead of “Microsoft PowerPoint”.

Does anyone know of a way to get my power point presentations back into an editable format so I haven’t lost them forever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom