Package issue (1 Viewer)

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:34
Up until recently I had been packaging something I'd been making in Access 07 and it would work without any problems.

A few days ago I packaged up everything, like normal (I save a template for packaging so no changes are ever made) and take it to a station where an older version is running fine. I uninstall the old version and install the new and now I have problems.

The package is set to run a macro on startup, which it does. At the end it opens a login form, from the login form I have set the ability to 1.) Login 2.) Quit 3.) Find a backend 4.) Set the location of the package.

None of the repond. All of their events are in VBA, if that is important. I went back to Access and turned warnings on for this form, and I notice that after packaging and installing that there is not even a warning. It's behaving as if their were no events attached to any of my controls - I did verify.

Strangely enough, when I install the package on my computer it will run, and when I run it through access it works. This is extremely odd and any help would be appreciated. It is currently saved and packaged as an Access 07 accdb, should I use 2002 - 2003 ?

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
After much poking around, I downloaded the most recent Access 07 run time. This fixed my problems, but still it's daunting as to why it was messed up.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Do you set the location as a trusted location during the setup? Access 2007 needs a trusted location to run code and if it doesn't have one it disables all code and certain macros.

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob, thanks for your reply.

I have a registry key set for the location, it's worked its part well. I noticed a 2002 - 2003 run time for access is installed on the computer, could their be a conflict? It there is it would be odd that it waited til now to start one as I don't ever remember any reason for it to be on their.

Everytime I run the package I get the run time backdrop and it tries to configure the 2007 run time, then my form opens and every control is still unusable. Just like Bob pointed out, it behaves as if the trusted location is incorrect - but I have verified nothing has changed from the last time I installed. The only difference is that it now tries to configure the run time everytime I start.

*EDIT* Apparently their is an older package from another person on this comp that runs off the 2002 - 2003 run time. I'm guessing they aren't playing nice but for some reason decided to wait until now to start having a conflict. Has anyone ever heard of the run times not getting along or any type of solution ?

*UPDATE* I managed a nice little work around, the user is able to still run the old program using 2002 - 2003 run time and instead of packaging my db I just launched it through the run time on the comp using a shortcut.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom