Pasting Screen Shot Into Form? (1 Viewer)

DB_Queen

Local time
Today, 04:07
Hello experts:

I have a user form on which I need to provide a spot for pasting a screen shot.

I am aware of the process of allowing attachments of a saved file to a form connected to the table; however I am wondering if there is a method that allows the user to copy directly from the clipboard rather than having to save the image as a file first.

Any info you have to share is greatly appreciated!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:07
is there is a method that allows the user to copy directly from the clipboard rather than having to save the image as a file first.
Not in Access, text yes, images no

DB_Queen

Local time
Today, 04:07
Ah, too bad. Thank you for your prompt reply! :)

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:07
Maybe didn't interpret the question and response properly, however based on what I thought was being asked, I was able to create a form and paste a screen shot into it without having to save it first. May take some time to adjust the size of the box on the form to see the image properly.

In the table, create a field with Data Type OLE Object then create a form and drag the field onto the form and size the box.

Use the snipping tool to select the part of the screen and then click on Edit Copy, after that click paste into the box on the form. I also tried it with the print screen button, I would not recommend that as it captures too much and seriously slows down the form for both pasting and moving between records.

Here is a screen shot of the form having a screen shot

FormPasteScreenShot.PNG

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I stand corrected. I have never found a need to use OLE objects so would not of thought of trying it

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Using the same method but simplified further. No need for an OLE object field or table
Just create an unbound form and paste in the image saved by the snipping tool.
It automatically creates an unbound OLE object on the form
Here is a screenshot of the form having a screen shot of the form having a screen shot :giggle:

1643158607420.png

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 16:07
did i understand that the op need it in a Live form and not in design view?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
1643194178345.png

@sxszech's method allows the image to be pasted in form view but it may need resizing
For my suggestion, the image has to be added in design view but the image is always the correct size.
In each case, the image is retained even after the database is closed & reopened

It could of course also be done using code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom