perform search in Form (1 Viewer)

lamha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:21
I have an unbound text box and a Find command. If the user enter the ItemID and click Find, I want the subform to display data for that item. Does anyone know how to do this? I don't want to use combo box because the tblItem is forever long.
Thanks for any help in advance.

gino

Registered User.
Local time
the find command (Ctrl+F) is MSAccess default finding tool therefore it limits your options. yes, an unbound text box is the better route on finding a specific record. use a query to find specific records. in this case you insert this code under ItemID criteria in your query.

=[forms]![nameofyourform].[unboundfield]

then from your unbound field on your form you would insert data then click on a command button to pull up that query to bring up your specific criteria based on the unbound field. i can't fully explain myself but if you need help just let us all know.

[This message has been edited by gino (edited 08-17-2000).]

lamha

Registered User.
Local time
I tried as you suggested. When I click the Run Query cmd button, the query pop up instead. The subform is blank.

gino

Registered User.
Local time
your subform should be based on the query you designed.......

gino

Registered User.
Local time
i'm sorry to reply so late. got caught up at work. try requery.

put this in a command button on your main form

Me.subform.Requery

after filling in unbound fields requery should update the query you created. Your sub form should update.

[This message has been edited by gino (edited 09-08-2000).]

R

Richie

How is the find method supplied by access limited? I add a call function to the double click event of several text boxes on the main form if the data in the main / sub is linked correctly the subform will display accordingly, the options to search by part of field I find much faster than a combo / unbound text box.

lamha

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all of your help. I found another solution for this. I made a separate search form that search for part of the field, and open the form with subforms later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom