Pilgrimmage to Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:08
I was born in a wagon of a travelling show. . . . . .Papa used to sell a few bottles of Dr Good. Col

So are you a gypsy, a tramp or a thief? :D

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
There are about 100 people in that pic with a yellow hat on, 2 of which are near the camera. Which one are you?

Is the yellow hat some kind of uniform? or is it general headgear in the US?

Col

Look for the idiot in the red circle...

Attachments

• lambeau6.jpg
    lambeau6.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 153

Friday

Registered User.
Local time

Col

It's a Packer hat....

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 150

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
So far I've only been to a couple of Chiefs games and one Dallas game. The Chiefs games are pretty fun, but Dallas was just flat. I don't know, maybe it was something about being in that dome. I bet Lambeau would blow Arrowhead away though.

Tailgated at Arrowhead last year when the Packers came to town. We live within 70 miles of Arrowhead Stadium (approx). There were more Packer fans in the stadium than Chiefs fans. The tailgating at Arrowhead is really fun. BUT...you are right. Nothing compares to Lambeau Field. All that beer, watching the Viking fans cry in theirs...Next year the Jets play KC at KC, I'm hoping to go and see Favre play. He's still a Packer, no matter what uniform they put on him...:D

Friday

Registered User.
Local time

Col

The real standard for head gear at Lambeau Field is called a Cheese Head. Mainly because Wisconsin makes a lot of cheese...

Attachments

• cheesehd.jpg
    cheesehd.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 154

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
There are about 100 people in that pic with a yellow hat on, 2 of which are near the camera. Which one are you?
Col

here, a closer shot...

Attachments

• smaller3.JPG
    smaller3.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 145

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 14:08
The real standard for head gear at Lambeau Field is called a Cheese Head. Mainly because Wisconsin makes a lot of cheese...

Looks like Goudse or Leerdammer cheese to me, but can't find these places near Green Bay, Denmark or ...:D

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Tailgated at Arrowhead last year when the Packers came to town. We live within 70 miles of Arrowhead Stadium (approx). There were more Packer fans in the stadium than Chiefs fans. The tailgating at Arrowhead is really fun. BUT...you are right. Nothing compares to Lambeau Field. All that beer, watching the Viking fans cry in theirs...Next year the Jets play KC at KC, I'm hoping to go and see Favre play. He's still a Packer, no matter what uniform they put on him...:D

Tailgated ?:confused:

statsman

Local time
Today, 08:08
Tailgated ?:confused:

A custom at many US football games, both college and the NFL.

The die-hard fans arrive a few hours before the game. They set up lawn chairs and barbeques in the parking lot and have an impromptu party. Called a tailgate party as originally everything was run off the tailgates of the station wagons. Nowadays a major undertaking with each group of fans attempting to outdo the other in terms of quality of food served etc.

You pretty much have to be part of a specific "group" to participate but some groups sell food and beer to all comers. An important part of the pre-game festivities in many places. Also a reason for the long lineups at the toilets before the game even starts.

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 05:08
I thought it was...
Gypsies and chimpanzees... and every night all the men would come around and take the monkey around :eek:
So are you a gypsy, a tramp or a thief? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom