Pilgrimmage to Green Bay (1 Viewer)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:59
This post will only appeal to folks in the US, I'm afraid, so forgive me all you folks outside the states.

Two weeks ago I realized the dream of a lifetime when I traveled with my oldest daughter to Green Bay, WI and attended a Green Bay Packer home game at Lambeau Field. I've been a fan since I was 8 or 9, and always dreamed of making the trip, but never thought I would. Evidently, when I was diagnosed with leukemia, my daughter decided she would make it happen as soon as possible (just in case). Anyway, it was a great road trip and we had a great time touring the stadium, the Packers Hall of Fame, and attending a game on Monday night. We got to watch the Pack beat the hated Minnesota Vikings, which made it even better. For any NFL fans out there, if you get the chance, go to Green Bay for a game.

Go Pack Go !!!! :D :D

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
I bet the atmosphere was electric:)
Did you get to the railway museum?

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 21:59
This post will only appeal to folks in the US, I'm afraid, so forgive me all you folks outside the states.

Never been there although I must have passed it while going to Milwaukie :rolleyes:

Funny thing that strikes me, is that Green Bay is between Denmark and Luxembourg, two countries in Europe. He ? ;):D

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 15:59
That's funny - The Google ads in this thread are for Green Bay Packer tickets - :)

KenHigg

Local time
I may just do that. My brother, nephew and niece were at the Yankee/Sox game last night :(

(I get to pick 'em up at the airport today though :p)

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
here's a pic...

Attachments

• lambeau6.jpg
    lambeau6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 188

KenHigg

Local time
Cool - Is that you in the yellow hat? Who else do you have with you there?

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
There's a lot of people there, how long does it take to get out?

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
Cool - Is that you in the yellow hat? Who else do you have with you there?

Yes, that is me in the yellow Packer hat. That is my oldest daughter, Jackie, next to me, and the little boy is Jacob, he is the son of a co-worker who went with us (he's taking the pic). They live in Chicago.

Friday

Registered User.
Local time
There's a lot of people there, how long does it take to get out?

It wasn't too bad. We sat in the stadium for 20-30 minutes before even attempting to leave, then when we got to our car, we probably sat in motionless traffic for 30 minutes before getting going good. I'm not used to that kind of traffic here in Topeka. My co-worker is, his commute to work in Chicago is like 45 minutes to an hour each way.

KenHigg

Local time
Bittersweet jersey Jacob has on huh? :(

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 14:59
Sounds like a fantastic time. I've been a football fan my whole life (seriously, I was born in October and my parents told me they used to be able to push my crib in front of the TV if a football game was on and I would quiet down, no matter how fussy I was and just watch) and I've been a Green Bay fan almost that long. I've always thought that would be one of the best places to go and watch a game. So far I've only been to a couple of Chiefs games and one Dallas game. The Chiefs games are pretty fun, but Dallas was just flat. I don't know, maybe it was something about being in that dome. I bet Lambeau would blow Arrowhead away though.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are about 100 people in that pic with a yellow hat on, 2 of which are near the camera. Which one are you?

Is the yellow hat some kind of uniform? or is it general headgear in the US?

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds like a fantastic time. I've been a football fan my whole life (seriously, I was born in October and my parents told me they used to be able to push my crib in front of the TV if a football game was on and I would quiet down, no matter how fussy I was and just watch)

Is October a little town in the States, I can't find it on the map?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom